• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blue Recycling Bags

New posts
Botton shelf o' the watercolor publix. They do an amazing job of hiding, so if you hit charcoal you're too far left, TP/paper towels you're too far right. Even though I know they're there it takes me a couple minutes to find them.

I think they are more user friendly/sturdy than the free bags, but that may just be because of their smaller capacity.
 
We were using the bags and putting them out with the other trash until all the questions came up about whether or not the recycling trash was really being sorted. So I sort aluminum, paper, glass, and plastic, put it is the blue bags, and take it to the recycling trailers.
 
Just curious, who benefits from the recycled returnable bottles and cans here? We take them to recycling at home because all the money goes to the local food shelves.
 
Just curious, who benefits from the recycled returnable bottles and cans here? We take them to recycling at home because all the money goes to the local food shelves.


There is not a returnable program as far as getting back bottle/can deposits. Boy did I make some change off that growing up around here. I think they did away with it in the seventies.
 
We were using the bags and putting them out with the other trash until all the questions came up about whether or not the recycling trash was really being sorted. So I sort aluminum, paper, glass, and plastic, put it is the blue bags, and take it to the recycling trailers.

Another convert...

If you're going to all the trouble to save it, sort it, rinse it, etc., it is just disconcerting to think it might all wind up in the landfill anyway because of shortcomings of the blue bag process.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top