• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Boat at Blue Mt

New posts

fonesy

Beach Comber
My brother-in-law is wanting to bring his sail boat to the beach this year. It's a pretty good size sail boat. Would need to anchor it off shore. Are there size restrictions for the beach at Blue Mountain? Where would he have to launch from? Thanks
 
Good question. I have seen any restrictions in the County Code regarding size of boat that you anchor off shore. I believe the closet place to launch and access Blue Mtn Beach by boat would be maybe Legendary Marine at Mid Bay Bridge in Destin, if the boat has any size to it.
 
That is supposed to read, "I've NEVER seen any restrictions in the County Code..." I am not able to edit my original post for some reason.
 
The easiest way to check would be to call Walton County Code Enforcement at (850) 622-0000 but I don't know of anything in the codes either.
 
Here is the online County Code of Ordinances. You can search keywords.

As John R said, the Gulf can go from smooth as glass to 5 foot waves overnight. There may be a good reason why we never see boats anchored off shore around here, especially when there is a Bay in which boats and people can rest peacefully. From the protected waters of Hogtown Bayou/ Cessna Landing (Hwy 393 North), one can easily drive from there to Blue Mtn Beach in 7 minutes.
 
Your right about the changing water conditions. I've witnessed that myself. I will pass on all the good info to my brother-in-law. Maybe we can change his mind about bringing the big sailboat. He brought his little cat last year and it was alot of funn. Thanks again!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top