• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Boat house?

New posts

arscar

Beach Crab
Hi! I'm new to the board, but not new to Seaside :)
Does anybody know anything about the HUGE house in the shape of a boat near Rosemary? It's mesmerizing! I also noticed that they must have a 24 hour police officer there (I drove in at 4am on thursday morning and he was sitting there looking at the house).
Thanks!
Arlene
 
House belongs to Charlie Hilton, as do the 4 lots upon which it rests. It is made of concrete and it is huge. Yes, it is guarded. What else do you want to know?

Why were you driving to Charlie's house at 4:00am? Are you needing a place to stay for cheap?
 
Charlie Hilton owns an asphalt company in Panama City, he is a retired attorney, and has his fingers in a number of businesses. He has been building the home for over three years. It's estimated cost when it first began was 25 million. I'm sure the cost has exceeded that by now. It's probably close to completion, I've noticed them putting up a fence.
 
joho said:
Charlie Hilton owns an asphalt company in Panama City, he is a retired attorney, and has his fingers in a number of businesses. He has been building the home for over three years. It's estimated cost when it first began was 25 million. I'm sure the cost has exceeded that by now. It's probably close to completion, I've noticed them putting up a fence.


He has been building his house for 7-8 years. It has been 3 years since it has been "dried in."
 
The family applied for underground utilities/electric hookup in 1-23-01. They have owned the property since 1995.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top