• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bonfire on the beach??

New posts

ShoMeTheBeach

Beach Comber
In Kurt's top ten things to do, one of them was have a bonfire on the beach with friends. Is that legal???

This year is my first trip there, but it seems like with all the emphasis on conservation of the beautiful white beaches, bonfires would be "frowned upon." :nono1:

If they're not, I think snuggling up on the beach with hubby by a small fire at sunset sounds heavenly.

Nancy
 
ShoMeTheBeach said:
In Kurt's top ten things to do, one of them was have a bonfire on the beach with friends. Is that legal???

This year is my first trip there, but it seems like with all the emphasis on conservation of the beautiful white beaches, bonfires would be "frowned upon." :nono1:

If they're not, I think snuggling up on the beach with hubby by a small fire at sunset sounds heavenly.

Nancy

Yah it's great. You must now get a permit from the county - see the links page. I think it's $50 bucks and they give you a container.
 
RiverOtter said:
You could probably rent a fire for say..... $25 :laughing1

:lolabove:

Fire rentals, if you can book one - are $75/hour. :roll: This ain't the Nooga.
 
FoX said:
:lolabove:

Fire rentals, if you can book one - are $75/hour. :roll: This ain't the Nooga.

Wonder what this would cost?

IMG_1817.JPG
 
When the wife and I have a bonfire in our yard, we use an old washing machine tub. I know this sounds like white trash, but I found a stainless one and it looks pretty nice. You put a handle on it and move it wherever you want.

Here's a picture of a similar one.

image1_640x480.jpg
 
I found mine on the side of the highway. This old fella apparently collects old refrigerators and washing machines for parts. :confused: He sold it to me for ten bucks. And it is a heck of a lot lighter than the terracotta fireplace thing on my back porch.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top