• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Book publisher?

New posts

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
Does anyone know of a local business or internet site where I can get a book printed for a reasonable price? It would be approximately 10 copies of a 40 page book - no pictures or color.

My great-grandmother wrote a short autobiography and I thought it would be a great gift for my family if I retyped it/put it in a computer and had it printed & bound. I think I am the only great-grandchild who has ever read it and there is some great stuff in there.
 
For bigger runs, Mr. Mouse uses Tom White the Printer in Pensacola. He thinks you'd be better off using a Kinko's sort of place for a ten book run.
 
Thanks, can they make "book" books at Kinkos? I'm not doing anything fancy as far as color, font etc, but want a nice finished product that is a book as opposed to a pamphlet/manual etc.
 
Scbg44 -- What a lovely idea for your family. I don't know any publishers but am interested to hear the follow-up on the solution you ultimately choose. I'd like to do something similar...
 
You never made books in school? PM or call me and we'll talk. ;-)

Yes, but I was shooting higher than badly cut construction paper tied together w/ yarn :biggrin:.

Would be VERY cool if I could make something presentable as most of the sites are running more than $20 a book before shipping.
 
Is there a 2nd hand book store somewhere down there? We used to have a grayt one here, and the owner knew quite a bit about book binding...:idontno:
 
That is exactly what I need - a book binder!

I know a great little shop in Florence that would do a fabulous job, but think the budget dictates a closer shop!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top