• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Boom Goes Green !

New posts

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Working for a development company with a military technical background, the implementation of alternative residential, near-off-grid energy (alternatives) systems is a primary objective. Developers receive no tax incentives for installing community-based solar or other energy delivery approaches :angry: but it ain't TheSheep's ramsaroos so sowal be it. :lol:

Caught in a Roman Wilderness of economic pain, good news abounds if you are an ecosystem lover as I ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/49y9dl

Let PV PreVail :clap:
 
Working for a development company with a military technical background, the implementation of alternative residential, near-off-grid energy (alternatives) systems is a primary objective. Developers receive no tax incentives for installing community-based solar or other energy delivery approaches :angry: but it ain't TheSheep's ramsaroos so sowal be it. :lol:

Caught in a Roman Wilderness of economic pain, good news abounds if you are an ecosystem lover as I ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/49y9dl

Let PV PreVail :clap:

The silver lining in this mess. I'm looking forward to a completely energy independent house in my next purchase. The investment will be long term, but worth it.
 
Originally Posted by TheSheep
Working for a development company with a military technical background, the implementation of alternative residential, near-off-grid energy (alternatives) systems is a primary objective. Developers receive no tax incentives for installing community-based solar or other energy delivery approaches :angry: but it ain't TheSheep's ramsaroos so sowal be it. :lol:

Caught in a Roman Wilderness of economic pain, good news abounds if you are an ecosystem lover as I ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/49y9dl

Let PV PreVail :clap:


The silver lining in this mess. I'm looking forward to a completely energy independent house in my next purchase. The investment will be long term, but worth it.
:clap: for you as it will be an investment that, IMNSVHSheepO, will payback more quickly than the traditional, er, payback models.

May I queery?

Totally off-grid? My, such heroism. ;-)
 
I wouldn't go completely off grid, an emergency power backup is never a bad thing. That and if you never use it you can sell any excess energy back to the power company.
 
I wouldn't go completely off grid, an emergency power backup is never a bad thing. That and if you never use it you can sell any excess energy back to the power company.

Unfortunately Florida does not yet have a law that requires this type of agreement to be made available. In the case of Gulf Power, they only do this for big installations. Homeowners get credit for power given back, which lasts 12 months, at which time it expires.
 
Net meetering, Florida passed a law in the last energy bill that requires all power companies to provide net meetering agreements.
Yes, thank you, but my queery was to the relative state of electrical independence SoWalGayBoi expected to achieve.:D
 
Well 30AShopper said independent, that usually mean without dependence so I would assume no utility lines.

independence in terms of cost to me, I would never go off grid. Battery backup systems that can power your whole house all night are expensive, and rarely actually pull it off, especially during the winter.
 
independence in terms of cost to me, I would never go off grid. Battery backup systems that can power your whole house all night are expensive, and rarely actually pull it off, especially during the winter.
Alas but true. Off-grid where required (or demanded by the cost or lack of availability of grid delivered power) is the exception supporting the rule. :cry:

One can look with happiness as the furture will bring lower costings to PV electricity/kwh and, we can hope, extensive battery research for smaller, less obtrusive and more efficient storage mediums. Well, I would like to see smalliums when it comes to battery sizes but.......:idontno:.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top