• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Boy, do I need advice, please!!

New posts

Jasmine

Beach Crab
Hello-

I am from Central Fl. and have been to the panhandle several times and found it beautiful. My children live east of here and I would like to move to the Ft. Walton area to be closer to them. I have always enjoyed living close to the water and have noticed that Ft. Walton hasn't been destroyed like some of the other beachfront communities in Florida. The few people that I did meet seemed very nice. My goal is to find a quiet place close to the beach with a friendly population. This area seemed like a perfect fit!! I was so thankful to find this website!!

I am in the medical field and need information on affordable housing, local hospitals, local "hang outs" where it would be possible to meet nice folks and eat great food!!

I don't have a set date on moving, but would like it to be within the next couple of months. As of right now, I am traveling for my job but would like to stop traveling and set up permanent residence.

If anyone wouldn't mind giving me some information on Ft. Walton, Destin, Santa Rosa Beach, etc, I would be so grateful !

I will check back later this afternoon!
Thank you so much,
Jas :wave:
 
check out the new hospital in santa rosa beach "Sacred Heart"...with the market the way it is...you may be able to find affordable housing in the area ...and interest rates are good! Nice people?...we got'em.:welcome:
 
Santa Rosa Beach/South Walton (30A)

Santa Rosa Beach/South Walton (30A)

small apartments in south walton (30A) with in 3 blocks of
the beach: $600 to $800 per month (some utilites included)
Duplex/small house within 10 min walk to beach. $900 to $1,200
per month.
Best place to find info on rental houseing are the local news papers: Destin Log and Walton Sun.
Best local hangout in South Walton: The Red Bar in Grayton Beach.

Hospitals:
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (Oakaloosa County)
Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast (South Walton)
HealthMark Regional Medical Center (North Walton)
Bay Medical Center (Bay County)
 
welcome jasmine. which area are you interested in moving to? and where are your kids? thought that might help us help you a bit more.

check out all the other forums in sowal.com, especially real estate, dining, events, all about sowal, etc. you'll find so much info already available right here. where to talk to nice people? right here!

medical offices are popping up like crazy in addition to our newish hospital. depending on your specialty, you should be able to search and find something for you.

good luck!!!:welcome:
 
Other Hangouts on 30A

- Pandora's at Grayton Beach
- Borago at Grayton Beach
- Cafe Rendezvous Wine Bar, Seaside
- Bud and Alleys, Seaside
- Old Florida Fish House, Seagrove

:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top