• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Brandon Oaks Subdivision/Freeport

New posts

cyntimental

Beach Comber
:confused:
If anyone has any information regarding this subdivision, please let me know. (I need some pros and cons pertaining to buying a house there.) Thanks so much...
 
go look at it after a heavy rain. For a while, some of the homes were surrounded by water. Not sure if they solved that problem. Just saw a listing in there for $116,000 for a REO, fairly new house.
 
I was told there were some structural issues. Make sure you find a reputable Home Inspector to do an inspection.
 
OK, that is good to know. There have been a lot of REO's there, and I thought a little research was in order. Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it! :bow:
 
Last edited:
In a word, Don't. I prepurchased a house in this developement, but opted out when I saw the quality (lack of) in the construction. Really appalling, and I don't know how they passed inspection. Keep looking.
 
Thank you Amy, that is good to know. On that note, does anyone know of any affordable (in the B/O price range) well built homes anywhere around the areas of Freeport/Santa Rosa Beach?
 
Brandon Oaks

In a word, Don't. I prepurchased a house in this developement, but opted out when I saw the quality (lack of) in the construction. Really appalling, and I don't know how they passed inspection. Keep looking.


Which house did you pre purchase, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks, Amy.
 
Which house did you pre purchase, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks, Amy.

I'm wondering the same thing. I've lived here for two months now and the quailty in the construction in my home is awesome. I had a home inspector look as well as my brother in law who is a general contractor and they both said it was in great shape. My advise is to have the septic system checked before you buy unlike me. Just this week my pump burned up.
 
Hi TJ,
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm still looking for a particular house to buy there, and hope it comes up soon on the market. It should be a foreclosure also.
I heard there were quite a few issues with the pumps, and that was the main reason people didn't want to buy there. I'm sure pumps are expensive to replace also. (That is a shame that your pump pooped out. No pun intended. :blush:
 
Last edited:
Hi TJ,
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm still looking for a particular house to buy there, and hope it comes up soon on the market. It should be a foreclosure also.
I heard there were quite a few issues with the pumps, and that was the main reason people didn't want to buy there. I'm sure pumps are expensive to replace also. (That is a shame that your pump pooped out. No pun intended. :blush:
There are many homes in the neighborhood that are still awaiting foreclosure, the septic pump wasn't too awful bad to get replaced at 400 dollars. Now about the water issue the soil in the neighborhood is considered a slow draining soil. When we get a heavy rain we have alittle bit of standing water between the houses but it's usually gone in a day or two.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top