• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

break in's on 30-a

New posts

beacheart

Beach Lover
This is my first time to post. I am a beachfront property owner. My parents built a modest house on 30-a in the mid 1970's. I rent the house to pay the taxes and upkeep. After Dennis we moved our furniture out. This weekend we moved it back in and enjoyed our first night there since last May. We left Sunday. Sometime on Sunday, teenage vandals broke in, smashed windows and tore up the inside of our house.
We are near Ed Walline Park. I wondered if any of you know about the teenage vandalism in the area?
 
beacheart said:
This is my first time to post. I am a beachfront property owner. My parents built a modest house on 30-a in the mid 1970's. I rent the house to pay the taxes and upkeep. After Dennis we moved our furniture out. This weekend we moved it back in and enjoyed our first night there since last May. We left Sunday. Sometime on Sunday, teenage vandals broke in, smashed windows and tore up the inside of our house.
We are near Ed Walline Park. I wondered if any of you know about the teenage vandalism in the area?
:welcome: beacheart and so sorry to hear that news.
 
Did someone see the intruders? You said "teenage" vandals.

There were some teens recently caught that were responsible for a rash of vandalism to some businesses and churches all over the area.
 
Jolive said:
Did someone see the intruders? You said "teenage" vandals.

There were some teens recently caught that were responsible for a rash of vandalism to some businesses and churches all over the area.
Yes, but they were captured before yesterday, if you are referring to Sunday as in yesterday.

I have not heard of other vandelism.
 
We received a call last week regarding break ins at the storage units behind Yanni's..there was no mention of age. Hope this helps. Will post more when I know more.
 
That is such sad news. :(
 
Oh yeah, I think it was OnMackBayou who posted maybe a week or two ago that his storage unit off of South Chuch St (I think) was broken into and things taken. I am not so sure that was simply vandalism, but rather, theft.

I think teenagers was suggested because adults don't usually break in and just wreck the place. My guess is that adults are typically thieves, rather than vandals, at least in this area. Gotta have that meth, ya know.
 
The Deputy told me that it was probably teenagers - maybe on bicycles -
There was a report of a truck down at Ed Walline with bikes in the back and they saw bicycle tracks in our driveway.

How bad is the crime in SoWal these days?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
beacheart said:
The Deputy told me that it was probably teenagers - maybe on bicycles -
There was a report of a truck down at Ed Walline with bikes in the back and they saw bicycle tracks in our driveway.

How bad is the crime in So. Walton these days?

There is relatively little. Most crime here is petty stuff compared to the cities. I hate to be negative but it is only a matter of time before we will probably see a lot of burglaries with all the vacant homes here. Security will have to be stepped up at some point.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top