Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
Duchess said:First time poster, be kind! We have a place just south of 30-A
(Blue Mtn. Beach) that was broken into post-Ivan. TV and stereo
equipment stolen. Walton Co. caught and prosecute two adults,
each of whom received probation. Sadly, these people were familiar
with the area because they were house-cleaners.
Hubby and I are taking our property off a rental program within
the next month or two and would be interested in any kind of
"Spouses watching Houses" type references.
Thanks for any replies, hope this helps. I read this board a lot
and feel like I know everybody a little bit already.
PS A window was blown out in our second floor by the storm,
that's how the burglars entered and they hit a couple of other
properties, too. We were impressed by the work the police did.
Duchess, there is a company down here, "Spouses Watching Houses" is the name of the business I think. The company is comprised of a couple, the lady I know from seeing her working at Publix for a while. She is a sweetheart, and I only briefly met her husband while I was checking on DTinTX's house after a storm. DTinTX had hired them to inspect and report (I was just being friendly taking some photos.). They used to advertise in the Walton Sun, but I haven't seen their ads for a while. You may try sending a pm (private message) to DTinTX for a reference and see if she has their phone number.
Just curious, are you looking for someone to do a drive-by inspection every week or so, or something more involved? Does anyone know what kind of costs these types of companies charge?
ZoeGirl and precious puppy!!! Thanks for filling in my blanks in earlier post!!!