• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bring Your Own Wine....

New posts

goofer

Beach Fanatic
In New York, where I lived most of my life, many restaurants allowed you to bring your own wine, especially if you called and asked first. You would pay a corkage fee of $10 -$15. Are there any restaurants in the Walton, Bay county, or Okaloosa county area that have this policy ?
 
Reminds me of when we lived in South Carolina and used to go to Myrtle Beach. No Sunday liquor sales, so we'd stash a bottle of Merlot in my big handbag, and the restaurant we frequented would give us coffee cups to pour the wine into. I mean, it looked like coffee from a distance. :floor:

At The Greenbrier they'll save your wine for you until the next meal if you don't finish it. However, my question is:
wine2.jpg
 
It's been a couple of years but Cafe Tango would do that with no extra charge. Royal Orchid also, but there is a new owner there now.
 
I thought that most fine dining restaurants did this. Borago, Vin'tij, Tango, etc. The corkage fees vary from $5 - $20, though.
I refuse to pay corkage fees. I only buy fine wine with screw off tops. Might I suggest a vintage 2006 MD 20/20 Grape?
 
I refuse to pay corkage fees. I only buy fine wine with screw off tops. Might I suggest a vintage 2006 MD 20/20 Grape?

:funn: OMG, the memories.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top