• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Brownie troop needs HELP

New posts
Sure,

~Girl Scouts now have a group for younger girls called Daisys generally 5-6 year olds

~Brownies are up to third grade

~The Brownies from last year are going to be putting on a play about the "brownie story" Quick version: 2 lazy children do not help at home. Parents talk about how they wish they had a brownie to help out around the house. Child goes to see wise old owl in forest. Owl tells girl to go and look in the pond and she will find the brownie. Which is of course, herself. Child goes back home where she and her sibling now help their parents around the house. The End. :cool: The "old" Brownies from last year will then receive membership stars on their uniform which shows others how many years they have been a Brownie.

~The Daisys from last year that are going to be new Brownies "bridge" to be a Brownie. They make their way across stepping stones to the "pond".

~The new Brownies (old Daisys and new GS girls) will then go to the "oven" they will go in the box we will pretend to "cook" the brownies with the exact ingredients (kindness, helpful, polite, etc) then we open the front of the oven and out come our "new" Brownies. They then make their way to the pond. The statement "Twist me and turn me and show me the elf, I look in the water and see.....myself" The girl sees her reflection in the water as symbolence that she is the actual do-gooder/ ie. Brownie. The new Brownies are pinned with their pins upside down, recite the Girl Scout law, and are told that they must do 3 good deeds before they can pin it right side up.

Without looking at my paperwork I think that is it. The only thing we are missing is having a flag ceremony. I have to find a stand and flag so we can properly begin and end each meeting.



~~~Off topic, I sure hope that the "against blithe spirit people" dont try to shut us down because we are pretending to bake children..:floor::floor:~~~~​


I don't think you left anything out! Sam made it to Cadette. Middle school just gets so busy if they are interested in other things. But it's great for elem age girls. Thanks for bringing back memories of the ceremony. Sam had hers at a local park and they looked in the creek to see their reflection. Keep up the good work...you sound like a wonderful leader!
 
Last edited:
Wow does this bring back memories! I had forgotten all about that ceremony... was a brownie in the mid 70's; that photo looks like it could have been my troop! Good luck IBD, you are doing a great thing for some lucky girls...

That pix did the same for me, WCW. Yes,grayt job, IBD! :clap:

SCK, yes I was a GS. I made it to Junior. I dont think I was a cadette.

The ceremony at Eden was great today, except for all the biting knats/grabbers/no see ums. :yikes:


I have 2 other leaders helping me so I do not do this on my own. ;-)

The brownies were baked in their oven and all 20 are now official. We even ate brownies after the ceremony ( no jokes please) One Brownie ate 9!!! No wonder when we went to pizza by the sea she went crazy for a good hour :shock:

Come to see us in the parade on Saturday if you can. We will be on a flat bed trailer.:wave::wave:

Sounds like big funn! :biggrin: If I was there I would sure come.

:roll: Oh yeah, that's what I was a Junior for like a year, not a cadet. I :wub:'d the camping. Remember that turquoise colored badge book? Minnie was a greenie too. I bet she remembers too. ;-)
 
SCK, yes I was a GS. I made it to Junior. I dont think I was a cadette.

The ceremony at Eden was great today, except for all the biting knats/grabbers/no see ums. :yikes:

I have 2 other leaders helping me so I do not do this on my own. ;-)

The brownies were baked in their oven and all 20 are now official. We even ate brownies after the ceremony ( no jokes please) One Brownie ate 9!!! No wonder when we went to pizza by the sea she went crazy for a good hour :shock:

Come to see us in the parade on Saturday if you can. We will be on a flat bed trailer.:wave::wave:

:floor::floor::floor::floor:
I just can't help laughing at the picture you present... NO JOKE :D.
 
THanks, we dont need one anymore....appreciate it though!!:wave: Now when we sell cookies I will see you:biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top