• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bug Man

New posts

Cali

Beach Lover
While coaching soccer this evening, my son says to me with a look of panic in his face, "Mom we have to go here come the bug man". We get the hell out of there just in time. I'm shaking my head while driving wondering what in the world is he spraying at this time of night with children present.

We drive to blue mountain beach area on 30A to get a quick dinner and we are eating our food outside and my son says with the same look of fright "Mom here comes the bug man again". Now I'm pissed but don't want to let the bug man get the best of me. I calmly pack up our dinner and head home.

We arrive home in Seacrest to a beautiful crisp night. We have all our windows open enjoying the last of the fresh spring air, when my son says to me while tucking him in "Mom here comes the bug man"! We quickly shut all our windows.

Here I sit confused and really bugged. My son is afraid of the bug man! Should he/we be afraid? Why is the happening at 6:45pm? Is spraying a benefit to us?

:confused::angry:
 
Last edited:
Ugh. I realize it's obviously helpful with the mosquitos... but yes, it aggravates me as well that they always spray in the evening hours (I'm going to assume there's a reason for that, high activity?) when it's finally a good time to let the kids go out and play without burning up.

eta: we must have left soccer practice before he came. I would have been really, really mad if I was there at soccer practice of all places and got plastered with bug chems!
 
Last edited:
Same thing in SRB. The little laady and I are sitting out on the front porch having a cocktail when down the road comes the truck spraying, pulls into our driveway to turn around, the whole time spraying, and heads back out to 393. Now our whole yard is engulfed in the spray and we gotta run into the house and close everything up quick so it doesn't come in the house.
Very annoying. It hasn't rained in what seems like weeks. There are no mosquitos because they have no water to hatch from.
 
Call the SW Mosquito District...they are very helpful and will work with you if you don't want your area sprayed. Mosquitos lay eggs that hatch after a rain.... I am willing to bet, if you ask to SWMCD to talk to your son they can alleviate his fears. PM me and I can give you a number to one of the commissioners. He's great with kids and always willing to help.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top