• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Build-outs Question/ Seacrest?

New posts

spirit

Beach Crab
Someone was telling me about the developer of Seacrest beach removing the build-out time period for all existing owners.

I was curious as to why he might have done that? Were there challenges to them for some reason?
 
I do not know of this project, I was just told about this. found it interesting.

I thought lots of building ad happened and then he (i mean Doodle Harris) changed it where there were no build-outs even for those already owning lots.

Just wondered what the story was.
 
Heritage Dunes (in Seagrove near Summer's Edge) is a non-rental community, so if there was ever an 'end user' community, this is it, which may explain why no building has begun. Perhps many lot owners are investors ...who have yet to sell to the 'end user'. It will be interesting to see how Heritage Dunes develops out over the next few years, as it's one of a very few non rental communities in South Walton.
 
spirit said:
Someone was telling me about the developer of Seacrest beach removing the build-out time period for all existing owners.

I was curious as to why he might have done that? Were there challenges to them for some reason?

Dunno about that.... Rode our bikes thru there several times and saw several signs saying "Motivated!! Make Offer". Sounds like the build out is getting near :idontno:
 
Heritage Dunes??

GVM said:
Heritage Dunes (in Seagrove near Summer's Edge) is a non-rental community, so if there was ever an 'end user' community, this is it, which may explain why no building has begun. Perhps many lot owners are investors ...who have yet to sell to the 'end user'. It will be interesting to see how Heritage Dunes develops out over the next few years, as it's one of a very few non rental communities in South Walton.

Is Heritage Dunes just east on Eastern Lake Road just adjacent to the ResortQuest renovated office? I know I heard that there is a non rental community subdivided on Eastern Lake Road somewhere but wasn't sure if it was this one just east of the 30-A and Eastern Lake Rd split or further east on Eastern Lake Rd just north of Commodore's Retreat Condos?
 
spirit said:
Someone was telling me about the developer of Seacrest beach removing the build-out time period for all existing owners.

I was curious as to why he might have done that? Were there challenges to them for some reason?

Spirit,

There are NO buildouts in Seacrest Beach. I'm on the Design Review Board for Seacrest Beach and there used to be buildout times but they've been gone at least 8-9 months now.
 
Yes, Heritage Dunes is just East of the 30a/Eastern Lake Rd split, just past new ResortQuest office. It's my understanding that there is no build out time in this non-rental development. It does look like construction is starting on one house on south side of Eastern Lake Rd.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top