Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
What are your thoughts on the proposed building height restrictions for NoWal? The County Commissioners are basically looking at the idea of applying the current SoWal height restrictions to all of Walton County.
I think it is wonderful.We really don't want to become like the rest of Florida.



without a doubt, from most of the Bay front property in Freeport, you could look down on Coyote Landfill.I think that is a grayt idea.This is too beautiful of a county to destroy it with high rises! Wonder if you could see the gulf from 25 stories high from the north side of the bay? Maybe with binoculars? Just wonderin'?
The BCC (county commissioners) have brought up the discussion that maybe height restrictions are needed, but perhaps heights should vary depending on location.

I cannot agree with you on that one, surprisingly. Comm Brannon is the person pushing this one, and Comm Commander seems to be in agreement. Comm Jones seems to recognize that maybe Argyle could have different height restrictions than let's say Freeport, Comm Pridgen is difficult to read, but I think he has mentioned that he likes the restrictions, and Comm Meadows seems to be the only one opposing height restrictions. Makes you wonder, eh?Or by the amount of contriobution to the comissioner's polical campaign.![]()