• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Buildout Extension? 100% VOTE?????

New posts

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Does anyone know....
If HOA votes on whether to extend buildout period by 2 years, DOES IT TAKE 100% YES votes for it to pass??
Thanks!!!
 
I would not think so. A majority does not have to be 100%. Check your bylaws. Home owners in Watercolor did not decide to extend the build out, St Joe/Arvida made that call. Your community may be similiar. Post what community/development you are referring to.
 
pk305 said:
Does anyone know....
If HOA votes on whether to extend buildout period by 2 years, DOES IT TAKE 100% YES votes for it to pass??
Thanks!!!

JOE's vote is the only one that counts...so when JOE votes "yes" that IS 100%.
 
look out below.......JOE will probably go belly up and everything will be lost. Watercolor and Watersound will become trailer parks in 2 or 3 years. You will be able to buy gulf front lots for $25,000. Seaside and seagrove will become ghost towns. Sorry for the bad news.
Where did I put my Prozac ?:idontno:
Shell-less in Seaside.
 
Shell-less said:
look out below.......JOE will probably go belly up and everything will be lost. Watercolor and Watersound will become trailer parks in 2 or 3 years. You will be able to buy gulf front lots for $25,000. Seaside and seagrove will become ghost towns. Sorry for the bad news.
Where did I put my Prozac ?:idontno:
Shell-less in Seaside.
:funn: Amazing. Double up on your pills sweet cheeks. So much for my inheritance. :roll:
 
jessifunn said:
whatever. we will buy the whole area and name it........funn.........ville.
So I can keep my inheritance!
 
For the record, this has absolutely nothing to do with JOE....

Can't mention a development name right now as it would be premature and I don't want to rock the boat....
I have heard everything from 67%-100%....and think that the 67% & the 75% make sense. The 100% would be a stretch...
YIPPIE, I hope you're right about the state statute saying it is 75%....

Anymore info on this state statute....where I might search for it....etc....or the number....??

THANKS ALL!!
 
It has nothing to do with state statutes. The build out is an agreement with the developer and each individual homeowner. And contrary to what SHELLY has you to believe, it has nothing to do with JOE being GOD. It is very typical in these situations, and legal, for the developer to make the call without advice or consent from the previous buyers. It was a good call if not a little late.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top