• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Busy

New posts
The trick is getting them to close.

STATEWIDE:
New Squeeze On Mortgage Standards
Just when consumers and the U.S. economy need banks to lend more freely, the mortgage industry is making it harder to borrow -- even for those with good credit. Mortgage insurers, whose backing is required for borrowers who can't afford the traditional 20% down payment on a home, already have flagged Florida as no-gos for some mortgages. Banks that have lost billions because of bad bets during the housing boom are now reverting to strict lending standards not seen in nearly 20 years, according to industry data and interviews with lenders. [Source: AP]

http://www.floridatrend.com

BobbyJ, what is your opinion about the availability of mortgage money? Are your buyers cash or at least 20% down? Are lenders lending?
 
I tell many sellers this is not time to think this thing is over. It is time to get real serious if you want to sell. If you can't because you bought too high, hold on, or begin intense conversation with your bank. Daily!

What exactly do you mean "begin intense conversation with your bank. Daily"?
Please advise.
 
I love how Real Estate constantly keeps changing. 4 new contracts today! We have averaged about one a week this year then spring hits and BAM! The trick is getting them to close. The good part is the activity is as strong as I have seen in two years. We are showing certain homes every day and getting many offers. The natives are restless.


:clap:Good Going !!!​
 
Great Bobby. You know what my question is going to be: Do you know what your lead sources are? Are these people seeing your ads, your signs, your open houses? I am curious as to what you believe is working for you.
Please give me feedback.
 
Those who know Bobby J will tell you he is honest, hard working, and cares about people. He is always doing the next right thing. He cares more about people than making a sale. Maybe that is what is working in this market.
 
Great Bobby. You know what my question is going to be: Do you know what your lead sources are? Are these people seeing your ads, your signs, your open houses? I am curious as to what you believe is working for you.
Please give me feedback.

If I tell you, will you promise not to tell anyone, and if you do tell anyone, would you tell them not to tell anyone?
(Horton Hear a Who)

Beat the streets, years of advertising, sellers that listen, hungry kids, etc. You gotta get out there and know your first years are going to be tough no matter what you do. You got mad skills so I know with time you will be a very successful agent! It is about being persistent. Andy Andrews says, "persist without exception!"
 
Thanks Bobby! You give the best advice.

I have a funny idea- drumming to my own beat. My seller for the auction rented her house the entire time we are having these open houses proceeding the big day. So, tomorrow- I have a two hour window to show the home (and I can't use signs in Rosemary). So I am going to take Maia with me and we are going to have a lemonade stand on the boardwalk in front of her house.

It may seem weird, but I think that people will come to the lemonade stand and then I can tell them about the house being in the auction. Maybe show it to those interested.

Maia really wants to do a lemonade stand--- so- I am killing two birds with one stone...:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top