Lynnie
SoWal Insider
This skirt I want to change the buttons has mother of pearl buttons now. I think I'll put them on a denim jacket. Skirt is olive green linen and I think what I found will be fabu.
OK - first stop was a The Bead Man. Picked up some groovy 'ancient' Chinese coral that I will make into buttons - tiny holes are already in them as they came off of old necklaces and such. (The coral looks beautiful with the olive green.) However, the next aisle over, was The Button Man. He had what I was looking for - bejeweled buttons (antique onesies), gorgeous gem stones, etc.......he was a little pricey, like up to $25/button. So, am going to hit him up next mo. GF loved the idea and is going to spruce up some jackets, etc by changing 'buttons.'
Scotts is only once/mo. TFT, I just checked out the website for some friends and it appears they've added Tampa. Now, it's Atlanta, Ohio and Tampa. My guess is some of the vendors in Atlanta will be the same for you in Tampa. Where was your grandparents button factory located? The buttons you describe from her going away suit sound divine! Those are a treasure, indeed.
We also (ahem) found some furniture and other items that we could not live without. Funn day!
OK - first stop was a The Bead Man. Picked up some groovy 'ancient' Chinese coral that I will make into buttons - tiny holes are already in them as they came off of old necklaces and such. (The coral looks beautiful with the olive green.) However, the next aisle over, was The Button Man. He had what I was looking for - bejeweled buttons (antique onesies), gorgeous gem stones, etc.......he was a little pricey, like up to $25/button. So, am going to hit him up next mo. GF loved the idea and is going to spruce up some jackets, etc by changing 'buttons.'
Scotts is only once/mo. TFT, I just checked out the website for some friends and it appears they've added Tampa. Now, it's Atlanta, Ohio and Tampa. My guess is some of the vendors in Atlanta will be the same for you in Tampa. Where was your grandparents button factory located? The buttons you describe from her going away suit sound divine! Those are a treasure, indeed.
We also (ahem) found some furniture and other items that we could not live without. Funn day!