• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cable/DSL in Point Washington...office space

New posts

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
I live in Blue Mtn but will have to move soon due to the short sale of the house I am renting.
I heard that with the new developments over on 395 that cable and dsl were coming to the stretch of road by Eden State Park. Does anyone know if that is going to happen? I lived over there last year and loved it but with my job I have to have high speed internet.
I may have an opportunity to move back over there but can't do satelite internet again, it is too slow and if it starts to rain the signal goes away (at least this was my experience with Wild Blue... and there were other horrible experiences with them but that is another thread).

Question Two: Does anyone know of available space where a software tech could set up a laptop and work everyday? I don't really need an office so renting space for $300 a month is not feasible. If a business needed to have someone around to grab the phone during lunch hours or some kind of trade like that. I'm small, don't take up much space and use my cell phone for work so I don't have to have a landline.
Right now if my internet goes out I hang at Central Square for a couple of hours (yes, I buy cd's while I'm working, it is a great job), or one of the coffee shops. I can't do that on a daily basis though.
 
Contact Embarq 866-283-9731 and refer to code TR14008. They are finally in Pt. Washington and we will have hook up on Monday. Just hope it is fast speed as promoted.
 
Contact Embarq 866-283-9731 and refer to code TR14008. They are finally in Pt. Washington and we will have hook up on Monday. Just hope it is fast speed as promoted.

Rockin'!!!!:rolling::rolling: This could be the solution to all of my problems.
 
To answer question 2, try the following:

Starbucks
Amavida
The coffee shop at WaterColor crossing
Courtyard wine bar at Rosemary
 
I'm not in "downtown" PW, but we finally signed on with Embarq DSL last week and we are happy at 3.0. :clap:

We are having difficulty with getting the wireless network up so that my new system has access, but that seems to be a Vista issue :breakcomp::cuss:, not Embarq. The computer that is connected to the "gateway" is doing grayt.
 
I'm not in "downtown" PW, but we finally signed on with Embarq DSL last week and we are happy at 3.0. :clap:

We are having difficulty with getting the wireless network up so that my new system has access, but that seems to be a Vista issue :breakcomp::cuss:, not Embarq. The computer that is connected to the "gateway" is doing grayt.

It is a bit different, but not that much. Holler if you continue to have trouble and I will get with you to get it going.
 
We may have it halfway figured out...big brother and techy nephew have advised, via telephone, that I got the wrong kind of router and therefore it's quite possible I wasn't connecting to my own network, but to the house up the road. :funn:

If my free relatives can't figure it out, I'll clean the house and call you. :D
 
So is DSL up on Eden Drive? Anyone know? I would love to give it a try before committing to it since my job depends on my having continuous fast access.:confused:.... It isn't easy being me.
 
So is DSL up on Eden Drive? Anyone know? I would love to give it a try before committing to it since my job depends on my having continuous fast access.:confused:.... It isn't easy being me.

I live on Gilmore Road right outside Eden State Park. I have not connected to Embarq yet, but they have told us it is available now. I'm still using Wildblue at home, as I have hight speed at the Coffee House and I'm there more than home.

Dave
 
I live on Gilmore Road right outside Eden State Park. I have not connected to Embarq yet, but they have told us it is available now. I'm still using Wildblue at home, as I have hight speed at the Coffee House and I'm there more than home.

Dave

I hated Wild Blue. If it sprnkled I would lose my connection, it was too slow and they would not cancel our contract or refund us though we requested it within 30 days:bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top