• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cable/Internet options in SoWal?

New posts

beachsinger

Beach Comber
Moving in a couple weeks. I think I've navigated water/power/gas, but it's been hard to find out which cable/internet provider(s) there are in SoWal. So I thought I'd come to the source.

Who offers service? If there's more than one choice, who do you prefer?

Thanks in advance!
 
Mediacrap is the primary internet/cable provider in Sowal and Centurylink offers DSL - If you are used to fast speeds prepare yourself as Mediacom's cable packages are horrible and the internet is slow as molasses. Get used to pages taking 3 times as long to load. I know you can get DSL paired with DirectTV at competitive prices through Centurylink.
 
Mediacrap is horrible! They have run new lines to my house three times and I still only get Internet sporadically. Centurylink is actually more dependable.
 
Oh... er....wow... :shock: It's going to be important to have decent internet; my husband works out of the house and so do I when I'm home.

:thanks: for the suggestions!
 
Centurylink for sure and Dish or directv...check with their specials and they do compete against one another for your business. And I am so happy you guys will be moving here!!!!!!
 
I worked from home for years. Centurylink is the way to go. I had Mediacom as an emergency backup.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top