• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cafe' 331 - Article in Todays Paper

New posts

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
It's Official - Cafe 331 closing

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/9002

?It?s true,? confirmed 3Thirty1 Caf? owner Oli Petit. ?The 3Thirty1 is closing at the end of September.?

Petit knew it was coming as U.S. 331 was on the state highway department?s list of roads to be widened and speculation circulated around the community on a regular basis as to when it would happen. The general consensus was hopefully later than sooner.

Petit said he found out a month ago.

The popular restaurant is ideally situated on the bay at the southern foot of the 331 bridge.

?I?m devastated,? he said. ?I bought the property in 2002 with the intention of being there forever. But you have to separate emotionally.?

The price he will get from the state for the property has not been determined yet, said Petit.

There is no new location for the restaurant at this time, he said, and he is in no hurry.

?It?s all about finding a location and land costs are so high,? he said.

For the time being, Petit said he will be content to just have The Red Bar in Grayton Beach, which he also owns.

?I have 40-plus employees that work here ? some here since we started.

"Everyone really gets along. Some I will take with me to the Red Bar, but I can?t take all,? he said.

The last day for the restaurant will be Sept. 30.

?There will be a party,? said Petit. ?Local musicians who have played here in the past will play ? Hubba Hubba, Rick Carter, Dread Clampett. Anyone who has enjoyed the place in the past 20 years is invited to come. After that, the landmark will be gone.?
 
Re: It's Official - Cafe 331 closing

:cry: :cry: :cry:
At least the widening of 331 will save lives...and that is a good thing!
I so wish I could be there for the closing send off.....:(
Any of you that go, PLEASE do this :wub: and this :wave: for me!

Seems like such a waste of a beautiful location, though.
 
The last day for the restaurant will be Sept. 30.
?There will be a party,? said Petit. ?Local musicians who have played here in the past will play ? Hubba Hubba, Rick Carter, Dread Clampett. Anyone who has enjoyed the place in the past 20 years is invited to come. After that, the landmark will be gone.?

So sad. :(

Thanks for posting.
 
:cry: What are we supposed to do now?

7-10 Red Bar
10-12 Bud's
12- ???

OLI! Help, what can we do?:idontno:
 
Re: It's Official - Cafe 331 closing

:cry: :cry: :cry:
At least the widening of 331 will save lives...and that is a good thing!
I so wish I could be there for the closing send off.....:(
Any of you that go, PLEASE do this :wub: and this :wave: for me!

Seems like such a waste of a beautiful location, though.
Eventually, it will, but without the widening of the bridge, the southern stretch will be meaningless. Hopefully, by next week, we will know the priority list of road construction and have an idea of what time frame everything will happen.
 
Oli - Please serve the blackened grouper at the Red Bar. It is by far the best dish I've ever had - especially the cheddar grit cake. Yum!!! So sad to see this location go. :(
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top