• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cafe Bouche in Seagrove Beach

New posts

BayouBelle

Beach Comber
Drove by the old Yanni's yesterday and saw what looked like a sign for a new restaurant called Cafe Bouchee or something similar to that. Anyone know anything about it?

I searched for a previous thread but couldn't find anything. I miss Yanni's, for sure.
 
John Wagner is opening up for breakfast and lunch. He's been a chef in this area for over 25 years. (Man, we're getting old) He had the Summerhouse in Ft. Walton for years. He is a great chef and I'm sure we'll all enjoy his food.
 
John Wagner is opening up for breakfast and lunch. He's been a chef in this area for over 25 years. (Man, we're getting old) He had the Summerhouse in Ft. Walton for years. He is a great chef and I'm sure we'll all enjoy his food.

WOW:blink: The Summerhouse in Ft. Walton....that takes me back!:clap:
 
Mmmm. I've had some good meals at the Summerhouse.

Me too!

It's a crying shame what the RE Frenzy and the owner of A.J.'s did to that beautiful house/restaurant.

They were going to put condoze on the site so he bought the house and moved it by barge further west into a residential area along Hwy 98 with plans to open it as a fish restaurant. Between fights with zoning and stints in rehab, nothing has been done to it over the last couple of years.

Now the land that it once sat on is up for sale since the plan for the condoze went into the crapper and the once beautiful and historic Summerhouse sits rotting along the side of the Hwy 98. :(

kfdg54-kfbxezsummerhouse.jpg
 
The Summerhouse was one of my favorite places when I first moved down here. I'm excited if John's opening a place on 30A. I hope this is true!
 
The Summerhouse was one of my favorite places when I first moved down here. I'm excited if John's opening a place on 30A. I hope this is true!

It's true. I talked to him today and he so excited to have the doors open. Hopefully he will get his menu up on the thread soon.
 
We had a great breakfast there yesterday. The best grits ever! Our friend was raving over his eggs benedict too.
 
you guys guess what! im johns daughter on my moms account! in soooo happy you guys are liking my dads food! i might see you at Cafe Bouchee soon!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top