• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

cake baking

New posts

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
I just made a coconute cream cake for a friend's birthday. While everyone raved about it, I thought the cake was dry. It was from scratch and not a mix. Any suggestions on how to make it less dry? I baked it 5 minutes less than the recipe said.:idontno:
 
Send me one and I will do a taste test. :biggrin:
 
Reduce the amount of flour you use next time. Always take away a couple of tablespoons on a low humidity day, add one or two for a rainy day. Also, if you use dark, non-stick cake pans, you should reduce the baking temperature by about 25 degrees.
 
Reduce the amount of flour you use next time. Always take away a couple of tablespoons on a low humidity day, add one or two for a rainy day. Also, if you use dark, non-stick cake pans, you should reduce the baking temperature by about 25 degrees.


:clap_1: Thanks!!
 
my mom always added a couple tablespoons of "wesson oil" to the batter...to combat dryness....worked every time
 
I gleaned the add just a weeee bit more oil (say a tablespoon or two) more than the recipe calls for and also add just a bit more water a few drops and bake it a few minutes less.
 
I gleaned the add just a weeee bit more oil (say a tablespoon or two) more than the recipe calls for and also add just a bit more water a few drops and bake it a few minutes less.

Thanks and :welcome:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top