• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

cake baking

New posts
yep, add the oil/or butter. to increase the moistness. sometimes you can cover it and expose the top at the last say 15 minutes....depending on the overall thickness of the cake. Or just go ask Fabrice....he's a master pastry chef.
 
I just made a coconute cream cake for a friend's birthday. While everyone raved about it, I thought the cake was dry. It was from scratch and not a mix. Any suggestions on how to make it less dry? I baked it 5 minutes less than the recipe said.:idontno:

Eggs give cake structure but they also contribute to dryness. If you used large or extra large eggs, try medium size the next time. It's worth a try.
 
After it's baked, and while it is still warm, poke a few holes in the cake and douse it with Malibu Rum. :biggrin:
.

YUM! or sweetned condensed milk!

p.s. Did you all notice this thread is a year and half old? I bet she has made several more cakes since she started this thread! :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top