• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Caliza: beautiful setting, bad experience

New posts
You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people take advantage ... but again... I probably wouldn't believe how much stuff happens in a surgical clinic as well. Again - I'm not saying that I think a ball wasn't dropped here - I'm just saying that we have one side of the story (call me a cynic but I've been in the business long enough to know you NEED both sides when it pertains to dining), and that I think it would be fair to know what happens after the original poster contacts the person ABOVE the manager who didn't give them resolution so we know how Caliza ultimately will handle it. Can't judge on one diner's experience when I hear ... although don't know first hand ... all restaurants in South Walton were kickin' it big time this holiday weekend. You will always have a few bad experiences, unfortunately, when it's packed.

I'm sorry but I don't think anyone should have to persue further explanation or compensation. They talked to the manager that night, gave her the benefit of the doubt. The manager should've taken care of it at that time. They not only dropped the ball during dinner but after as well.
 
You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people take advantage ... but again... I probably wouldn't believe how much stuff happens in a surgical clinic as well. Again - I'm not saying that I think a ball wasn't dropped here - I'm just saying that we have one side of the story (call me a cynic but I've been in the business long enough to know you NEED both sides when it pertains to dining), and that I think it would be fair to know what happens after the original poster contacts the person ABOVE the manager who didn't give them resolution so we know how Caliza ultimately will handle it. Can't judge on one diner's experience when I hear ... although don't know first hand ... all restaurants in South Walton were kickin' it big time this holiday weekend. You will always have a few bad experiences, unfortunately, when it's packed.

I understand your cynicism and agree that there are people who will take advantage of a situation.

However, I was sole proprietor of a service-oriented business for ten years, and knew from the beginning that the customer is always right. If a customer is given the benefit of the doubt he will be loyal and he will be the sort of advertising that money can't buy. (I never had to pay for advertising, by the way--I ran a strictly word-of-mouth business.)

There were a couple of times when I didn't provide the service that was expected--schedule/delays, pricing problems with materials, unavailable materials, etc.--and would comp the client for some of the labor. I may have lost $50 that day, but when I earned the client's trust I was invited back. I got the $50 back five times over.
 
....you are more prophetic than I realized, Shelly! Kudos to you!!

respect-010.gif


And my kudos to you for recognizing that fact--and with only 13 posts to your name! You caught on much quicker than so many others on the board. :biggrin:
 
Compensation for a bad experience? I personally think that is a terrible business move by any restaurant that does it - opens the door for people to take advantage and you wouldn't believe how many people do once they find out an establishment gives out freebies for a "bad experience". Can only imagine how many would try to exploit it in this down economy as well.

Just think of it as cheap advertising when you comp some food or beverage. A simple complaint doesn't justify comp f&b, but waiting two hours for entrees, may, unless the table was trying to spread out their evening in one spot. It is easy enough to know how long patrons have been seated. Liquor and wine, and desserts are the easiest to comp because the markup is the greatest. When I managed restaurants, if something like that happened, I'd likely comp the drinks, and invite the couple back for a complimentary dinner for four, and give them my phone number to make the reservations, and I'd make sure that they had the perfect meal to brag about to all their friends. I want them to leave my restaurant with a good taste in their mouth, and this would insure that they gave me another chance to make it right. Looking at the big picture, it is cheap advertising and customer satisfaction expense.
 
I'm sorry but I don't think anyone should have to persue further explanation or compensation. They talked to the manager that night, gave her the benefit of the doubt. The manager should've taken care of it at that time. They not only dropped the ball during dinner but after as well.

Well definitely don't be "sorry" Johnrudy - you are just voicing your opinion which I don't personally agree with but so be it. I don't apologize for my opinion and you shouldn't either.
 
respect-010.gif


And my kudos to you for recognizing that fact--and with only 13 posts to your name! You caught on much quicker than so many others on the board. :biggrin:

Just a lurker for a while that was originally asked to post an obituary on board which got me rollin' ... what can I say??
 
Just think of it as cheap advertising when you comp some food or beverage. A simple complaint doesn't justify comp f&b, but waiting two hours for entrees, may, unless the table was trying to spread out their evening in one spot. It is easy enough to know how long patrons have been seated. Liquor and wine, and desserts are the easiest to comp because the markup is the greatest. When I managed restaurants, if something like that happened, I'd likely comp the drinks, and invite the couple back for a complimentary dinner for four, and give them my phone number to make the reservations, and I'd make sure that they had the perfect meal to brag about to all their friends. I want them to leave my restaurant with a good taste in their mouth, and this would insure that they gave me another chance to make it right. Looking at the big picture, it is cheap advertising and customer satisfaction expense.


TOTALLY agree - Smiling Joe. And why I hope that there is resolution for this diner and his party. If it were me, and I wanted compensation for my drinks and apps (WHICH mind you was not stated by the original poster), I would talk to the person higher up than the manager to find resolution. I totally am that person that looks someone square in eye or says on the other end of the phone when I am ticked off when I'm not getting resolution, "Who is your superior and please let me talk to them. Oh, and what is YOUR name?" And, if I was ticked off enough to post on a message board, I would than email/write until I had resolution and than share on the original thread I started. That's all I'm saying here - we need BOTH sides to the story. Otherwise, why do I care and why would I let it sway me from trying out a restaurant??
 
WLD...you have the patience of a saint! Will you also write a letter?

I really wish someone from the restaurant would post a reply here.
 
The cheese biscuits at RL ARE quite tasty. :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top