• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cameras

New posts

Matt J

SWGB
Has anyone else noticed the self contained cameras on a black pole with a solar panel on the side of the road. I've seen one on 283/395 just south of 98 and one in BMB by the brick yard. Is this law enforcement or just some random creep putting up cameras? Shouldn't they be marked if they are law enforcement?
 
I was told it was to help in tracking vehicles in case of crime......not speeding. There is one along Scenic Gulf near the Okaloosa/Walton Cty line. They claim it is helpful in case of hit and run or looking for a certain vehicle wanted in crime.
 
I was told it was to help in tracking vehicles in case of crime......not speeding. There is one along Scenic Gulf near the Okaloosa/Walton Cty line. They claim it is helpful in case of hit and run or looking for a certain vehicle wanted in crime.

Or a continuous warrantless search. Can I request copies of certain times and dates since this is public funds? Better yet can I just have a standing open request and stream it to a website?
 
I was told it was to help in tracking vehicles in case of crime......not speeding. There is one along Scenic Gulf near the Okaloosa/Walton Cty line. They claim it is helpful in case of hit and run or looking for a certain vehicle wanted in crime.
A crime?:hmm: How about a camera at most any intersection recording the tag numbers of red light violators? That would be a revenue goldmine.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top