• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Can laws be ignored if enough notice is given?

New posts

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Would certainly like to discuss the possibility after reading posts in this forum. I had never thought of it before, but if enough notice and publication is given in advance, should it be okay to suspend ordinances for certain periods of time? Does economic benefit come into play or should it?
 
I was completely unaware that there was a current festival or exception for nudity! :idontno:

IMO if I have to legally keep my clothes on so does everyone else! :wave:
 
I do think that some laws should be temporarily suspended for certain time periods, in certain places, in certain circumstances.
 
We need more examples/scenarios! This is too general IMO.

Granted my coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I am having trouble thinking of non-emergency scenarios where laws should be suspended. :idontno:

Most of the things I am thinking of already have a system in place to regulate certain activities for the general welfare - parade permits, burn/bonfire permits. Those aren't suspensions, just procedure to follow. Don't they just prohibit unlicensed/unpermitted activies, so if you have a license permit you aren't suspending the rules.
 
Last edited:
I do think that some laws should be temporarily suspended for certain time periods, in certain places, in certain circumstances.


Okay, so if government puts in a process for the suspension of laws, such as the request of a permit, plan for how to handle traffice, things of that nature, then not a big deal. If the process is followed?
 
Yep, I don't have a problem with well planned, permitted, and totally kosher exceptions to general ordinances.

I am still highly entertained by the idea of just what special conditions would allow for public nudity rules to be suspended! Massive global warming? :funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top