• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Can You Eat Ghost Crabs?

New posts

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Some of the ghost crabs on the beach are pretty big. I mean the white crabs on the beach. Do they have any meat? Can you eat ghost crabs? I love blue crab. Anyone have ghost crab recipe?

Does anyone hunt ghost crabs? What is the best way to catch ghost crabs?

So many ghost crab questions. lol
 
If I was marooned on an island I'm certain I eould eat them. But I doubt there is much meat, even compared to blue crabs. And I love steamed blue crab. (Steamed over beer & vinegar, with rock salt, black pepper, and Old Bay seasoning). Yum.
The smaller ghost crabs would probably make good bait for surf fishing.
 
As Lars said theirs no meat.

Usually hunting them is just an activity to wear kids out at the end of the day.
 
Spiders are high in protein. I've never tried eating ghost crabs. Reminds me of Tom Hanks in Castaway when he tries to eat that gross crab with orange slime in it.
 
28710FCA-5C49-4872-B273-CB9A927892C4.png
 
There is a new place in Inlet Beach called Ghost Crab Pizza - do they put ghost crab on their pizza?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top