• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cancelling Plans

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Donna and others for being sensitive to those of us are that are only lucky enough to spend one week a year there. We so look forward to it each and every year. We have stayed in your house once and had the most wonderful time. It is one of the last really fun memories I have of my Mother (who also loved going to the beach) before she died. She especially loved the kitchen!! And we all loved the "Red Bar". For the first year after she died we could not seem to come back to the area because of the many memories, but now we feel that in some way when we are there, she is with us laughing and having a wonderful time. I truly hope that everything is OK in South Walton and that we do not have to cancel our plans for coming on the 16th. I am holding out until the last minute.
 
PHDPHAY,
It is time for you and I to clear the air and bury the hatchet. I completely understand how you would be stressed out in this situation, and I certainly respect the fact that you sacrificed through time to accomplish what you and your husband have together. By no means could I even fathom that cancelling my vacation is even in the same universe as what you guys are facing, I have stated that since the beginning of my threads regarding DENNIS. I too have sacrificed for education and built a business from the ground up, and being self-employed has its stresses and rewards as well. I hope that someday I can be like you and enjoy the finer things in life for all my hard work, but I realize that those things come with a price, both on the front end and in the future. I wish you and all of you down there God's blessing for safety and health, and maybe we can all enjoy this place together in the aftermath. As a matter of fact, you are welcome to come to Georgia and stay with us till the smoke clears, as long as you don't wear any Gator apparel. I cook a mean pulled pork Barbeque!
 
I think we're all through throwing sand and only hope for the best for everyone.
Travel2much, that really was a horrible situation for you---How are the cats?
 
Suncat said:
Travel2much... How are the cats?

Well, the one who screamed bloody murder and tried to claw her way out of her carrier the WHOLE DARN DRIVE is quietly resting at my feet, like nothing happened. Mr. Pukey is hiding from me somewhere. Doesn't want much to do with me right now. I am being shunned, apparently.

They'll get over it. Such drama, like they were being boiled in oil or something.
 
I too have a place rented already for july 17th - 23rd in seagrove. If everything is back up and running me and my girlfriend still plan on coming down and we'll probably take some of the time of our vacation to help with various clean up projects. I guess we'll just wait it out for now and see what happens in the next couple of days.
 
Liquified said:
...and we'll probably take some of the time of our vacation to help with various clean up projects.
What a gem! :clap_1:
We should have a clean up day and give out Bloody Marys to everyone pitching in. I can bring the supplies and bartend. Pick a morning. (hmm, I wonder if I need a liqour license???)

I have a feeling that we may have more Bloody Mary Mournings on the way this year.
 
Liquified said:
you bring the supplies and i'll bring my liver! :D
It won't be a drunk-fest, just a refreshing treat for everyone's good deeds. We could call it SoWal's Bloody Mary Mourning, in honor of, of course South Walton's loss, but also for SoWal.com, which Kurt has donated his time to keep running. Sure it is a business idea, but it is directly responsible for bringing so many people together from different backgrounds, and provides a great link for many people. Kurt could give out stickers at the bar.
 
Smiling JOe said:
It won't be a drunk-fest, just a refreshing treat for everyone's good deeds..

trust me i know that, it was really just a joke to try and lighten the mood with everything going on. :D :D :D
 
Travel2Much---They sound like normal cats to me!

We also plan to come down ASAP since we had to delay this week's plans. Probably within the next 2 weeks and we will gladly volunteer to help with anything or anyone...We have pretty good barbeque here in Tennessee too
although it may be served with a big orange soda..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top