• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Captain Anderson's

New posts

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
My mom thinks this place sounds like heaven -keep in mind that her version of heaven is big plates of fried food, then they bring it to the table and she says "I don't know why they give you so much food. I can't possibly eat it all.":lol:

Anyway, is it an awful tourist trap, or is it decent? As good as Nick's in the Sticks?

Any tips?
 
It is full of tourists but it is good. Long lines unless you go early.
However I think that they are closed until Feb or March....I iwll check the billboard in INlet beach and report back to you.....
 
Why dont yall go back to Captains Table in PC?? Where we ate that day?? GOOD FOOD no tourists...and cheap....:idontno:
 
Why dont yall go back to Captains Table in PC?? Where we ate that day?? GOOD FOOD no tourists...and cheap....:idontno:

She keeps seeing the ads on TV- guess they are reopening. And all the snowbirds have told her it's great.:bang:

I would rather go to Captain's Table.

Did you say lines? I don't wait in line for food- I am not a cow.:angry: Captain Anderson's is not looking attractive!
 
Captain's Table has good oysters, but the other food is just average, for fresh seafood. I think IBD is right about Capt Anderson's being closed for the winter (but should be opening soon), and she is right about many tourists in there, but there are also many PC locals eating in there. I think their grilled fish, you name the species, is about the best seafood I've eaten. It is fresh, and perfectly cooked, and is simply presented, without fancy sauces to cover the taste. All you need is a wedge of lemon at most. Yummy! They also have a pretty cool seafood market. That place probably serves at least 500-700 people a night, and they don't do it because they are a tourist trap. They've done if for as long as I can remember, and I've been going there since I was a small kid. Go early enough and watch the charter boats come in and show off their catch.
 
I went a couple of years ago during the summer because #4 was working in PC. Would never go back. Prices have gone up and has a feel of a cattle house. Sorry, just have to be honest. We used to go there when there were no choices in sowal....years ago. There is a great place just past there on the bay in PC that I can't remember the name of Uncle Ernies...I think. That is a great place to go!
 
Caution, according to WMBB Ch 13 News out of Panama City, Uncle Earnie's was caught selling Grouper which wasn't Grouper.

The cattle house is a good description, because the place probably seats 250, and every seat is filled, with a few more waiting at the door. However, the food is great. Prices are more in line with SoWal prices than PC, so they aren't so scary to me.
 
Last edited:
Captain Anderson's has all the charm of an over priced cafeteria. Keep in mind they have received major awards in the PAST and those were generally because the families giving the awards never pay or wait when they come in. I would strongly recommend Captain's Table, Uncle Ernie's, or just about any other seafood restaurant before Capt. Anderson's.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top