• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cargotecture

New posts
Unplugged said:
This bears repeating...

What? About "CURB APPEAL?" You need to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I, for example, like the looks of those cargo houses and the charm of such blatant recycling really appeals to me. Though I can certainly understand your distaste--your opinon echoes my husband's. To each is own is all I can say. If I ever buy one, I promise not to site it next to your lot. ;-)
 
Smiling JOe said:
right now on HGTV, there is a show on titled, "Small but spectacular," featuring the container homes mentioned in one of the posts above.

It will re-air tonight at 10:30p-11:00pm.

I saw that! Thought it was fantastic, especially when he said they could close it up and ship it on down the line...AND they had no utility bills. So jealous of that. But don't know how the blue barrels catching rain would go over 'round here.
 
Smiling JOe said:
right now on HGTV, there is a show on titled, "Small but spectacular," featuring the container homes mentioned in one of the posts above.

It will re-air tonight at 10:30p-11:00pm.


SJ - Thanks for the heads-up. I hope to catch the show.

I think that the inevitable future for housing (resort and otherwise) will be greener and smaller. Curb appeal will follow for many of us as we get used to the idea. For now I applaud these creative recyclers.
 
Okay, if someone could post a still or vidcap from "I, Robot", where Will Smith goes to visit all the obsolete robots, that would be great! :rofl:

I'm not technically competent to do so...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top