• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Carillon Beach

New posts

Kelkatiema

Beach Crab
:D Hi - My family is thinking of staying in Carillon beach. We are trying to find a gulf side house with a heated pool - either community or private. I We normally stay in Seagroove or Seacrest. I stumbled across Carillon beach. I was just wondering if it was a nice place to stay.

Also - 2 more questions -

1. Are home owners (rentals) usally willing to negotiate on their prices? I have never doen this in the past but noticed their are quite a few vacancies and was wondering if negotations ever take place.

2. We are coming down the week of ATL spring break - 4.6 - 4.12. Do you think it will be too cold for a heated pool and sitting on the beach?

Thanks so much!
 
Thanks!

Do you know if Carillon Beach is a nice place to stay - comparable to the rest of SoWalton Beachs. I guess bcs it's off of the interstate - I am a bit leary.

thanks again and have a good day!
 
Thanks!

Do you know if Carillon Beach is a nice place to stay - comparable to the rest of SoWalton Beachs. I guess bcs it's off of the interstate - I am a bit leary.

thanks again and have a good day!

It is off of Hwy 98, not an interstate.

If you get Gulf Front you will be plenty far from the road. The beach is private from Camp Helen State Park to well past Carillon Beach, so it will be closer to Beaches of South Walton and not as bad as the rest of PCB.
 
We have stayed about a half dozen times in Carillon and enjoyed each stay. Most of our rentals have been lakeview homes, rather than gulf front, though the last time we stayed two doors east of the main pool - gulf front.

the main pool is not heated, but the east pool has always been heated during our visits.

downtown carillon can be a bit quiet, if you're looking for entertainment, but it's been about a year since we've visited, so I don't know what new developments have occurred.

great place if you have kids. with playground, b-ball court, etc.

beach has been great and nearly deserted when we're typically there in Nov.
 
downtown carillon can be a bit quiet, if you're looking for entertainment, but it's been about a year since we've visited, so I don't know what new developments have occurred.
.

Graffitis (good restaurant that the family can enjoy) has just opened there and I think other things are planned to open before the season. With the new condos there, I think they are trying to get more going in the way of entertainment. Also, it's not too far to go to Pier Park, where lots of restaurants and shops are opening. THe movie theater is there too.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top