• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Carillon questions

New posts
If you are you talking about Carillon Resort, which I assume you are, it is right next to the Pinnacle Port condominiums which is considered PC Beach. It is at the west end of PC Beach which is the quieter end. Not too far east from 30-A and the bike path. We stay just west of Carillon so I do know where this is. Bike path appears to run from near Dune Allen to Inlet Beach on 30A.

You locals can clarify this since I just visit there once a year on vacation and don't live there.
 
The local experts will be able to answer your questions more accurately, but if my memory serves me correctly there is a new Publix right across 98 from the Winn-Dixie in Panama City Beach. This is not too far from Carillon. I can't remember exactly how far Carillon is from Inlet Beach, but from the intersection of 98 and the east side of 30-A, it's about 8 miles to Seaside.

Have fun on your vacation!
 
luvthebeach, I have been smacked on the hand one time too many for providing links on certain things. But since I know we stay at that area every year, I figured I could give some input! There indeed is a new Publix right across from Winn Dixie. Saw the sign for it last year when down. According to a bike path map it starts at 30A and 98 at Inlet Beach. But since websites can change I will let a local confirm that.
 
Mermaid will be able to provide biking details, but I'm thinking that is a loooong bike ride to Seaside! Before the Watercolor Publix opened, we would drive out to the what we called the Carillon Winn Dixie. I saw the new "Carillon Publix" this year on our way to the PC airport. It had been years since I had over that way and it looks like there has been lots of new development. It will be nice being close to Rosemary and Alys.
 
Rosemary Beach is not far. If you know where the Spicy Noodle is on 98, Rosemary Beach starts right after turning onto 30A.
 
It's actually about 2 or 3 miles from the Publix to Rosemary. It's not far by car, by any means, but I'm sure it would be tricky to negotiate on the bike. The traffic generally travels pretty fast.

Carillon is lovely ... I'm sure you will have a great time. But if you are determined to bike 30-A, you might want to go and park at a state park and then begin your rides.
 
Underthebluemoon said:
I'm not worried anymore. It sounds like it'll be fine.


Any chance of finding a Starbucks close to Carillon? I'm an addict. It started out slow, one grande every once in a while. I drive about 1000 miles a week, so I started having one every afternoon. Now, I'm up to a Venti Coffee every afternoon, (that's EXTRA LARGE in Starbuck speak) with not one, but TWO shots of espresso in it. That's one Venti Red eye, every weekday.

you are an addict....and I understand this completely:biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top