• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

caring & sharing

New posts

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Reading about the junk on beach thread and bobbyj's auction made me remember this.
I went and donated some things this morning to Caring and Sharing. Such great people. anyway they told me that they were in need of things so lets clean out those closets....everyone can use a write-off :biggrin:
 
Yes, I found this on a website

Caring & Sharing of S. WaltonHelp is offered to residents of Walton county living south of the bay and in Freeport in the form of food, clothing, furniture, appliances, and gasoline, as well as assistance with rent, utilities, and medicines during crises. Help is given to transients in the form of food and gasoline.For more information, contact:
267-2866




I have given them cash also, they seem like really nice people and they do not price their stuff so high that people can not afford. If you really need it I think they give it to you.
 
Sounds like a good organization. Sure have alot of clothes in our closets and attic I could get rid of. Would be glad to donate them to them if I lived down there. Kinda impossible though being as I am around 500 miles away. I donate items to Disabled American Veterans up here. Could donate items to Goodwill also.
 
InletBchDweller said:
Yes, I found this on a website

Caring & Sharing of S. WaltonHelp is offered to residents of Walton county living south of the bay and in Freeport in the form of food, clothing, furniture, appliances, and gasoline, as well as assistance with rent, utilities, and medicines during crises. Help is given to transients in the form of food and gasoline.For more information, contact:267-2866
I have given them cash also, they seem like really nice people and they do not price their stuff so high that people can not afford. If you really need it I think they give it to you.

Good for you IBD. :clap_1: I went there and donated some older furniture years ago after doing some re-decorating. and another time I think they came and picked up a couch since I got a new one. You never know what is going to come in there either. Some people re-decorate their places constantly, so sometimes some softly used items come in. I picked up a softly used high chair there for guests with little ones. At least by donating there, you know the money is going to good use.
 
Do they pick up items like, say, living room furniture? Or is it smaller stuff only?

Edit: Duh, I should have read Mango's post more closely. :roll: Thanks for the info IBD.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top