• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cat Help

New posts
I've never managed to grow catnip successfuly down here. Evil Blue Nemesis (the neighbor's cat) takes the plants out long before they're full grown.

i always plant a highly fragrant herb of some kind right next to the catnip to keep other cats away (mine have it figured out) - like thyme or sage. seems to work.
 
Does Seaside let these cats use their "sandbox?"
 
I am so glad to hear that someone at Bud and Alley's was looking out for this cat. :clap: I wonder if it was the gray male cat named Jake that stays near B &A's? He has been there for many years and is very tame. The really feral and wild ones are mostly in the residential areas.

Whisker's Friends used to set out donation jars at all businesses and would feed and water the cats daily. I guess the shop employees feed them now???
They would also trap the cats to spay, neuter, and vaccinate them and then release them. The ones that have been trapped and released like this have a small piece clipped out of the top of their ear. If they are not there anymore, I hope another organization can step in.

Freedom cats is a great name!
 
I am so glad to hear that someone at Bud and Alley's was looking out for this cat. :clap: I wonder if it was the gray male cat named Jake that stays near B &A's? He has been there for many years and is very tame. The really feral and wild ones are mostly in the residential areas.

Whisker's Friends used to set out donation jars at all businesses and would feed and water the cats daily. I guess the shop employees feed them now???
They would also trap the cats to spay, neuter, and vaccinate them and then release them. The ones that have been trapped and released like this have a small piece clipped out of the top of their ear. If they are not there anymore, I hope another organization can step in.

Freedom cats is a great name!

Yes, we are grateful for the gal at B&A's too. We all look out for the cats and one of the gals at Perspicasity was trying really hard to find some help but kept getting "no's". The gal at B&A's was brave enough to attempt picking him up and treating him. This cat is not Jake, though he is a sweetie. We call this one Smiler or Smiley. He seemed to feel good today ... eating good, rolling around, cleaning ... Don't know what's up with Whiskers ... heard they weren't around ... no one answered the number we called. We all take pretty good care of the cats but most of us can't really afford taking them to a vet ... but we haven't seen one cat yet that doesn't have the clipped ear.
 
I know a couple of folks are paying out of their own pockets to feed and care for the cats. Maybe they could let us know if food or vet care is needed so that we can help out if we want. (hint hint)
 
You know that brings up the subject of Whiskers Friends, or some other type of cat rescue program. EC Wildlife should do something I would think, a ferral cat is wild after all, particularly if there is nothing else to take care of them. There really should be some kind of program and support from the community.

There is Feline Friends. I don't know how to reach them, however, most vets have their number. They do a grayt job. They even catch wild cats, have them fixed, then release them back where they found them. OR they have foster homes and the cats get adopted.

Give them a try. I have a psycho kitty myself!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top