• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Caution!!! Sheriff's Office on Patrol

New posts
scrltbegonya said:
Went by that area around 6:30pm tonite going the speed limit and watched an officer of the law pull out behind me. Sure enough, right in front of the Blue Mtn Beach Road (is it 283?) an unsuspecting speeder was pulled over.

Maybe they should have been using SoWal.com :floor:
 
Hooray - more power to them. There are too many speeders on 98 & 30-A these days. Beefed-up patrols are a good thing IMO.
 
So I ventured out for lunch today and I passed four police units (3 cars, 1 motorcycle) with 3 speeders pulled over within a half mile. Two of the cars were pulled over in front of the Seafood Market and the third was in front of Cafe Provence. The motorcycle cop was sitting behind the truck that holds the Cherry Peppers sign in the parking lot. Slow down - they are out!
 
...and two more at the 98/283 intersection today.

Unplugged, you are correct -- there are way too many speeders trying on the road down here. If you go the speed limit, people will ride your bumper, even if you are in the right-hand lane. I am glad to see the cops busting the excessive speeders. Some of these people I see daily, are going 25+mph over the speed limit -- no wonder they cannot stop from going 75 mph, when the traffic light turns red. These people are dangerous.
 
Informed sources say that a majority of the citations being issued are for 20+ over the posted speed limit. :shock:

That's $205.50. :eek:

Y'all be careful...
 
So I always figure as long as I don't go 5 mph over the speed limit on local roads or 10 mph on interstate highways, I'm cool. Is that true, or are they nailing people for any excess speed? Just curious because we'll be there tomorrow.
 
Another place to be very careful is around Alys Beach. A poster who shall go unnamed was pulled over there for going a bit over the limit. I think the letter of the law applies on that stretch of 30-A. Not a bad thing either, given the construction.
 
Mermaid said:
Another place to be very careful is around Alys Beach. A poster who shall go unnamed was pulled over there for going a bit over the limit. I think the letter of the law applies on that stretch of 30-A. Not a bad thing either, given the construction.
True.dat. We were rolling through Seagrove at 35 mph (the speed limit) two weeks ago and felt like we were pulling some G's!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top