• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cedar Lumber?

New posts

Rollin' Tide

Beach Comber
Anyone know were I can buy white cedar boards that are a true 1 inch thick? Checked the local Lowe's and HD but their 1x lumber is actually only 3/4 thick....I need a true 1 inch thick board for a project... Any thoughts? THANKS!:D
 
Anyone know were I can buy white cedar boards that are a true 1 inch thick? Checked the local Lowe's and HD but their 1x lumber is actually only 3/4 thick....I need a true 1 inch thick board for a project... Any thoughts? THANKS!:D
You will need to find a lumber mill and get the lumber before it is dressed. You can also ask for 5/4 lumber that is 1" thick almost any lumber yard will have or can get 5/4 . I'm not sure how readly available white cedar is it's mostly red cedar at least around Nashville.
 
My cousin in Bruce owns a sawmill and can probably custom cut any lumber you want. He mainly produces cypress but may be able to help...

Bruner Lumber Company
66 Sawmill Rd
Ponce De Leon, FL 32455
(850) 835-1011
 
My cousin in Bruce owns a sawmill and can probably custom cut any lumber you want. He mainly produces cypress but may be able to help...

Bruner Lumber Company
66 Sawmill Rd
Ponce De Leon, FL 32455
(850) 835-1011


Does he get any kind? I am looking for a cool piece of maple or birch, maybe zebrawood. We have that cool place on Atlanta Road, I think, but if your brother can get slabs, I'd rather help out the family! :biggrin:
 
Does he get any kind? I am looking for a cool piece of maple or birch, maybe zebrawood. We have that cool place on Atlanta Road, I think, but if your brother can get slabs, I'd rather help out the family! :biggrin:

His business is really cypress. He pulls fallen trees out of swamps and raises sunken trees from local rivers and cuts them into raw beams for exposed interior structures and also into siding planks.
 
His business is really cypress. He pulls fallen trees out of swamps and raises sunken trees from local rivers and cuts them into raw beams for exposed interior structures and also into siding planks.

I'll call him. A groovy piece of pecky cypress could work! ;-) Thanks!!!
 
My cousin in Bruce owns a sawmill and can probably custom cut any lumber you want. He mainly produces cypress but may be able to help...

Bruner Lumber Company
66 Sawmill Rd
Ponce De Leon, FL 32455
(850) 835-1011

This is the local lumber mill Canuck uses and they are a great group of guys. The site is amazing, located directly on the river.
 
This is the local lumber mill Canuck uses and they are a great group of guys. The site is amazing, located directly on the river.

I knew there was somebody on here who I had talked to about Adlee but couldn't remember who. We talked about him that day that you, Canuck, Allifunn, Scooter, and I all went to the beach after Fire...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top