• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cell Phone Do-Not-Call Registry

New posts

Paula

Beach Fanatic
I just got this in an email from someone at work. I'm assuming it's true and I'm going to get on the do not call list. Thought it would be helpful to SoWallers, too.

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public next month.

REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... DEPENDING ON YOUR PLAN, YOU MAY BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you
want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO YOUR
FRIENDS/FAMILY... It takes about 20 seconds.


Alternatively, you can add your cell phone to the National Registry at www.donotcall.gov
 
thanks. I already called that number and got what sounded like a legit response and gave my cell phone number so I hope it's a legit do-not-call number! I looked at snoops.com and it looks like calling adds only a little advantage, if any, and there's no deadline and the email was overblown but it didn't say the number was illegitimate.
 
Last edited:
That number is the do not call gov line, but there is no cell phone directory going public -- that is the bogus part. You have always been able to enter your cell number in the www.donotcall.gov list.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top