• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cell Phone reception

New posts

j&cscott

Beach Comber
I have U.S.Cellular and donot get very good reception down there. What cell phone service are you locals using that you are happy with? Thanks John T
 
I have tried:
Verizon, AT&T, Cingular, Alltel, Sprint/Nextel over the years. Alltel has the best coverage in this area.
 
When I was with Alltel, they had very good coverage (years ago they were the only ones who seemed to). I didn't like their prices anymore though and I switched to T-Mobile two years ago and have never had a single dropped call or dead zone south of the bay.
 
I have Verizon now, my trials and tribulations w/ Alltell were so ludicrous I kept looking for the hidden camera crew because I figured they were punking me.

My only issues w/ Verizon are minor coverage area complaints, not the billing and customer service clusterpucks I had w/ Alltell. :roll:
 
I've had extremely good customer service experiences with Alltel, and have had some issues to resolve.

The coverage is great, I also have their wireless air card.
 
For two years we've had Verizon and have never had a problem with cell phone reception at our house in Seagrove (although I rarely get a signal in Seaside and Grayton). Since we arrived on Sunday we can barely get a signal in Seagrove. Many times our phones say "No Service." I called Verizon, and they said that they use the towers from another provider, but were not sure who. I'm guessing it's Alltel.

Do any of you know if Alltel (or any other provider) is experiencing problems in this area this week?
 
I have Alltel and it's working fine. Sometimes if it is overcast or bad weather, it effects my service. Metal roof will do it too if you have a weak signal.
 
For two years we've had Verizon and have never had a problem with cell phone reception at our house in Seagrove (although I rarely get a signal in Seaside and Grayton). Since we arrived on Sunday we can barely get a signal in Seagrove. Many times our phones say "No Service." I called Verizon, and they said that they use the towers from another provider, but were not sure who. I'm guessing it's Alltel.

Do any of you know if Alltel (or any other provider) is experiencing problems in this area this week?


Verizon has a roaming agreement with Alltel. In fact they are in the process of buying out Alltel. But when I had Verizon I saw a significant difference between my phone on an Alltel towe and an Alltel phone. But tech support told me I was crazy.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top