• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cell Phone reception

New posts
Oh my goodness! We had T-Mobile, hubby's company switched to Verizon, and comparing the bars side-by-side on many trips to the beach, we decided that I should switch to Verizon.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions, y'all. My signal is a little better. The Verizon tech rep said they could guarantee Verizon coverage (not "Extended Network") on U.S. 98. They said to go to U.S. 98 and do a *228 (can't do that on extended). It worked better for a while.

Update: Now that I'm waiting for a call from daughter, I just looked at my phone, and it says, "No Service." :bang:​
 
Will text messages go through without any problem? Not much of a solution, but perhaps you could tell those closest to text you if they get voice mail, or leave an outgoing message in your voicemail asking callers to text you if their message is urgent during your stay here.
 
Will text messages go through without any problem? Not much of a solution, but perhaps you could tell those closest to text you if they get voice mail, or leave an outgoing message in your voicemail asking callers to text you if their message is urgent during your stay here.
Good idea. Thanks. Sometimes texts do work when calls don't. Daughter just called the land line at the house to let me know that she arrived home safely.
 
I have AT&T, which used to be Cingular. The signal strength doesn't seem as strong after the switch. I also don't like the fact that I can't find any AT&T locations. I just upgraded my phone (and contract) and the signal is worse. It may be a Blackberry thing...or maybe I should try another service. Does anyone else have AT&T? :confused:
 
I have Verizon and an older model phone. Some zones cut out on me anywhere in the country. I thought it was the phone. I called Verizon and they told me to dial *228. Then you hear a message about updating your phone so it syncs with new towers. Press 2. It will send a message to your phone when it's been updated.

My phone was so old though, the message on mine said- update could not be completed , then it blew up. (Only kidding)
but, I did get a new phone from Verizon, and it works fine now and I don't blackout in areas anymore.

Verizon said you should do this every 90 days or so to keep your cell updated.
 
I have Verizon and an older model phone. Some zones cut out on me anywhere in the country. I thought it was the phone. I called Verizon and they told me to dial *228. Then you hear a message about updating your phone so it syncs with new towers. Press 2. It will send a message to your phone when it's been updated.

My phone was so old though, the message on mine said- update could not be completed , then it blew up. (Only kidding)
but, I did get a new phone from Verizon, and it works fine now and I don't blackout in areas anymore.

Verizon said you should do this every 90 days or so to keep your cell updated.
Yeah, I drove to U.S. 98 where I could get Verizon coverage (instead of extended network). I did *228 on both my and hubby's phones, and the messages from Verizon said that the activations were successful. Right now I have 3 bars. But randomly I'll see "No Service." ARGH!
 
I have Verizon and an older model phone. Some zones cut out on me anywhere in the country. I thought it was the phone. I called Verizon and they told me to dial *228. Then you hear a message about updating your phone so it syncs with new towers. Press 2. It will send a message to your phone when it's been updated.

My phone was so old though, the message on mine said- update could not be completed , then it blew up. (Only kidding)
but, I did get a new phone from Verizon, and it works fine now and I don't blackout in areas anymore.

Verizon said you should do this every 90 days or so to keep your cell updated.


If a phone needs something like this done every 90 days, then Verizon should "push" that update to you. They told me the same thing. It is a bit ridiculous that I have to remember to update my phone every 90 days in case they changed roaming agreements. When I was using my Q I had to go to Marianna or south Walton to perform this function. So I swapped to another service. I have had them all and I have yet to find one that works consistently in Walton County without significant problems in certain areas.
 
I love that I hear I have to update my phone every 90 days on Sowal and NOT from my service provider. What a crockadoodle! :angry:
 
I have AT&T, which used to be Cingular. The signal strength doesn't seem as strong after the switch. I also don't like the fact that I can't find any AT&T locations. I just upgraded my phone (and contract) and the signal is worse. It may be a Blackberry thing...or maybe I should try another service. Does anyone else have AT&T? :confused:

I have AT&T. I used to have great reception. Now I can't keep my cell in my office as the steel studs in the walls must be breaking up the signal. I went from 5 bars in my office to no bars in my office.
Is there a number that AT&T folks can call to see about any upgrades like Verizon has?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top