• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cell service reliability

New posts

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Hi all, sorry to ask this for what must be the 57th time on SoWal.

But, I'd like to get current info.

I live near Eastern Lake. Having serious problems with incoming calls going direct to voice mail for several weeks now.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Anyone along this stretch of 30A who can happily say they're always satisfied with cell service?
 
Not had any problems with Verizon. I had a few dead spots with AT&T, which went completely dead everywhere when Atlanta is here on Spring Break.
 
Not had any problems with Verizon. I had a few dead spots with AT&T, which went completely dead everywhere when Atlanta is here on Spring Break.

Yikes! Glad you mentioned spring break, Kurt. I'd completely forgotten about that. I haven't had any problems during break in the past. My problems now aren't lack of service, it's just incoming calls don't work about 1/2 the time.
 
Yikes! Glad you mentioned spring break, Kurt. I'd completely forgotten about that. I haven't had any problems during break in the past. My problems now aren't lack of service, it's just incoming calls don't work about 1/2 the time.

What service do you have? Are you sure it's not an equipment problem?
 
YES!! I have the same problems as well and have for years! Text messages never get through and resetting a phone once or twice a month. I ever went so far as to write a letter to the Regional VP in Alabama , with nothing received in return. I have AT&T and in the past also had Sprint but the service is horrible and just wait until Spring Break season starts!
 
Kurt, it doesn't appear to be a phone problem. Happens to both of us, but only when we're on the local cell tower that serves the Eastern Lake area. Inbound calls work fine elsewhere. For instance, I got a call in Grayton two days ago, just 15 minutes after leaving home where we couldn't stand in the living room and call each other. Outbound calls work fine, no matter where we are. It's not a lack of service, we have 3G and 3 to 5 bars all the time.

I'm on Sprint. Other than a tower failure in December 2013 and some issues after Katrina, service has been pretty good in the 10 years I've been living here. No issues with spring break. There's a Sprint dead zone at Camp Creek, but that doesn't affect me.

Sorry to hear of justhavinfun's similar problems with AT&T, but that seems to agree with Kurt's comments about them.
 
Last edited:
New ATT tower at Grayton beach just went into service early January. Rumor another ATT roof top tower coming to BMB on too of a higher
Condo xstreet from Sally's.
 
Thanks steel1man. Those towers won't do me much good. My problem is at home, just west of Eastern Lake.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top