• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Charlotte, NC

New posts

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Anyone know anything about the real estate market in Charlotte?

One of my dear friends son is buying a home in Charlotte and I really don't know anything about the area. Any suggestions? Best area to buy in, best schools. He is 26 years old, single and this is a first home for him. He is an auditor at a large bank so his market is in the low $200's. He has been looking at Peachtree Estates and the builder is Homelife Communites.

Anyone? :idontno:
 
Is he cute? :biggrin: :wave:
 
Miss Kitty you read my mind! :blush:

I always recommend renting a place for at least a couple months in any new area so you get to know the area before getting tied into a home purchase.
 
My husband's best friend (also teammate on the Tulane basketball team and best man at our wedding) has relocated to the Charlotte area. He has opened a spa on Lake Norman, bought a home there, and loves it.

BTW Kitty, his father was John Simmons, whom the Mizzou "Simmons Field" was named after due to his success as the Mizzou baseball coach. I think I've told you this before.

Another person whom I know that owns in the Charlotte area is also at Lake Norman. He has a boatload of money as retired CEO of a Fortune 500 company, so his experience wouldn't relate to a 20-something person.

My former bro-in-law is a Delta captain flying out of Charlotte. His wife is a realtor in Charlotte. Also, my best friend's sister is old-money Charleston and lives in Charlotte because her husband is a realtor there. BB, I could get some info if you'd like.
 
Last edited:
QUOTE=Beachbummett;320411]Anyone know anything about the real estate market in Charlotte?

One of my dear friends son is buying a home in Charlotte and I really don't know anything about the area. Any suggestions? Best area to buy in, best schools. He is 26 years old, single and this is a first home for him. He is an auditor at a large bank so his market is in the low $200's. He has been looking at Peachtree Estates and the builder is Homelife Communites.

Anyone? :idontno:[/QUOTE]


My daughter has lived there for the last 5 years. Loves the area. She would be able to recommend an good realtor or suggest areas to avoid. You can pm her....she is beachbound 02.....I think. Does not post nearly as often as she should. Guess I have failed in my parental duties.:yikes::biggrin:

Now tell more about the fellow......
 
QUOTE=Beachbummett;320411]Anyone know anything about the real estate market in Charlotte?

One of my dear friends son is buying a home in Charlotte and I really don't know anything about the area. Any suggestions? Best area to buy in, best schools. He is 26 years old, single and this is a first home for him. He is an auditor at a large bank so his market is in the low $200's. He has been looking at Peachtree Estates and the builder is Homelife Communites.

Anyone? :idontno:


My daughter has lived there for the last 5 years. Loves the area. She would be able to recommend an good realtor or suggest areas to avoid. You can pm her....she is beachbound 02.....I think. Does not post nearly as often as she should. Guess I have failed in my parental duties.:yikes::biggrin:

Now tell more about the fellow......[/QUOTE]

Yea this is getting interesting...match making in progress!!;-)
 
I would focus on distressed properties, like pre foreclosures. Ck out their local newspapers, for those listings. You'll run into most that are overleveradged(no equity), but, some that have great equity! Alot of the time, people wait to do anything with the house, because they're hoping to "work it out", then they can't!:( Unfortunately, Even that area probably has, lots!
 
I used to live in Charlotte and have a very good friend that is a builder and builds high end homes on Lake Norman. He says the market has definately dropped. He does not believe it has gotten as bad as the Florida market but it is not good.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top