• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cheeseburger in Paradise

New posts

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Has a sign up in the construction area next to the Carrabba's construction area at Silver Sands Mall.

Are they any good?
 
I pesonally havn't been to the one we have in town. Can't seem to go to a chain after experiencing the original on Maui---ummmm macadamia nut pancakes. But, what I have heard it that is a good burger, but overpriced, there is a bar area as well.
 
I pesonally havn't been to the one we have in town. Can't seem to go to a chain after experiencing the original on Maui---ummmm macadamia nut pancakes. But, what I have heard it that is a good burger, but overpriced, there is a bar area as well.

So is the chain related to the Maui Cheeseburger?:( I hope not- that place was an original and should never be copied.
 
Last edited:
We love Cheeseburger in Paradise. It's our little version of getting away to the tropics. Y'all are already there so you may have a different prospective. Great burgers, sandwiches and fries. I love the starboard salad. They have an extensive tropical drink menu. I think the prices are really reasonable. Not much more than Applebees, Chilis, places like that.
 
Well, oddly enough, this is where I had dinner tonight. I like the place and agree with OL that the prices are reasonable. Especially the drink prices - lots of frozen layered specialty drinks and I think they charge about $5.50. Yes, it's an overly commercial chain but the food & atmosphere are fun - pretty much the best thing that ever happened to downtown Des Plaines, IL!

An excerpt from their website (www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com):

Concept:
Jimmy Buffett's famous song comes to life at Cheeseburger In Paradise as guests wave goodbye to the real world and escape to paradise.

Founded:
Cheeseburger In Paradise is owned by OSI Restaurant Partners, Inc. (NYSE:OSI) by license from Jimmy Buffett.

Cuisine:
Beyond the famed traditional signature cheeseburger, the restaurant features an assorted cuisine that includes traditional American favorites, fresh fish dishes, house specialties prepared with Caribbean flair, and New Orleans-inspired creations. Island fare and beach bar favorites include an incredible fish sandwich, and a Caribbean-flavored jerk chicken wrap. Fun food choices include mini-cheeseburgers, onion six strings and chocolate nachos.
 
Last edited:
When we were in Asheville this winter we happened upon a Cheeseburger in Paradise and had a great meal with the kids. I had a salad that was excellent. It was fun, good food and reasonable.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top