• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cheeseburger in Paradise

New posts
Skunky, It would amaze people to find out how much stuff they prepare in assembly line kitchens, store by freezing, sealing whatever and then the various food service places re-heat the stuff and sell it as made on site. While this tactic may be acceptable for mass food service such as chools, hospitals, etc. I find it sickening to know that "restaurants" do this.

I have a friend that is a "Chef" for them and that is what he does all day long.

Check out the SYSCO web site.:yikes:

Oh, I know. I have heard that the kitchens in Applebee's, Chili's, Olive Garden, etc do little more than boil frozen pouches in water, open the bag and plate it. :angry:
 
Last edited:
The upside is that quality control is pretty consistent.

True, but good lord, put up a disclaimer to let people know that the expertise involved with your meal is about the same as that involved with changing a lightbulb. I would love to go to the Olive Garden's cooking school in Tuscany:roll:
 
Depends on what you're looking for...in most cases, I am simply attempting to avoid cooking, and my family is simply attempting to avoid eating what I cook. I have been known to screw up boil-in-the-bag cuisine. :blush:
 
Small world, indeed! Beachlover, you must have been 10 feet away from me and I never knew it. I was at a table off to the side of the bar and I kept having to get up and shut the door to the patio which kept getting stuck open. I was on a blind date and at one point in time, one of my girlfriends from work came in and pretended she and her boyfriend just happened to stop in - "what a coincidence that you are here!!!!!!." It was too funny. I had mentioned to her that I was meeting him there and she wanted to make sure he wasn't an ax murderer!


So tell us how the date went...........
 
We were in an O'Charley's not long ago, ordered soup. We happened to be sitting where I could see into the kitchen. They pulled a plastic pouch out of the fridge, threw in into a nuke box and brought me my soup.

Last time for that one.

Like I said, if it weren't for Sysco, half the so called "restaurants" would close.:bang:
 
I am obsessed with their tart and sour margaritas- YUM! Also, those onion strings with that asian dipping sauce... sooo good. Man, I might go there for lunch...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top