• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Chelco co-op check?

New posts
I just got one yesterday... $50 and some change. It said it was for 1989. I am glad it only took them 21 years to realize they made a profit that year.

Are you sure that's not the year you first signed up for service? ;-)
 
I just got one yesterday... $50 and some change. It said it was for 1989. I am glad it only took them 21 years to realize they made a profit that year.

I must be using more kilowats.

You have to be a member at least 20 years before you receive one. I've been on the mailing list for 10 years.

Congratulations, you made the cut! :clap:
 
I actually used to get them every year in the mid 80s. But then they just stopped and now this one seems to be from the year they stopped. Maybe it was around that time they started the 20 year thing.
 
There actually was a blurb about this in the most recent CHELCO paper newsletter, but I've already tossed that out so I can't go back and dig up the details.
 
Got ours in the mail yesterday for a whopping $6.10. Couldn't they have saved the postage and just given us a statement credit instead?
 
Received mine yesterday and the grand total was $5.63. Wished they would just credit my account as it was a pain to have to endorse the check, drive to the bank and cash it. Guess I should should be grateful for small favors.
 
$4.75 here. With the price of gas, you have to be sure your trip to the bank is bundled up with some other errands, or you could wind up close to a net loss.
 
$2.37 here. I agree a statement credit would be nice in the future!

Not to rub salt in anyone wounds but just got mine for the year $98.00 and change!
That will pay for one month of electric or a couple bottles of wine.
Merry Christmas to me :)

ps. I've been contributing to the co-op for 33 years.......
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top