• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Chicago-style Hot Dogs

New posts
A townhouse off 30A, but I'm not really which "town" I'm in (somehow I managed to *ignore* the new great big blue signs in all my excitement :lol: ). Eastern end of Seagrove, but it's a PCB mailing address, go figure.

Oh I know! From time to time, I mail things to that area and the address is always PCB or Santa Rosa Beach, no matter what town it is. :idontno:
 
Thank you! I am so excited... I've been mentally decorating my new place in my mind for two days now, I've got to stop and start focusing on packing!!!
I say congratulations too!

But to me (NOT being a native Chicagoan but Mr. JR IS) a hot dog is a hot dog. I've had the real thing but I guess you just have to be raised with the real thing. I'm totally fine with any old dog.

So WaterCourseWay, what part of Chicago are you from?
 
I say congratulations too!

But to me (NOT being a native Chicagoan but Mr. JR IS) a hot dog is a hot dog. I've had the real thing but I guess you just have to be raised with the real thing. I'm totally fine with any old dog.

So WaterCourseWay, what part of Chicago are you from?

Thanks! I grew up in the West 'burbs (Lombard) then moved to the city after college; I lived in Wrigleyville and Wicker Park for a few years each, and one year in Evanston (not really the city, but still fun and on the El.)

I'm a fairly well traveled person; I've been to New York, London, Paris, Rome, Moscow and a whole bunch of smaller cities around the globe, so I can say (with some authority and very prejudiced conviction) that Chicago is the greatest city in the world! :lol:
 
Thanks! I grew up in the West 'burbs (Lombard) then moved to the city after college; I lived in Wrigleyville and Wicker Park for a few years each, and one year in Evanston (not really the city, but still fun and on the El.)

I'm a fairly well traveled person; I've been to New York, London, Paris, Rome, Moscow and a whole bunch of smaller cities around the globe, so I can say (with some authority and very prejudiced conviction) that Chicago is the greatest city in the world! :lol:
We're in Evanston once a week at Northwestern for my son's music. I would LOVE to live there. I love Chicago too, but Sowal would be better.

Good luck to you! You are moving at the best time - Feb can be brutal.
 
Good luck to you! You are moving at the best time - Feb can be brutal.

Thank you for the well wishes and good luck, but I'm only moving from Fort Walton Beach, I migrated here from Chicago in 2003. I miss the city, and four definite seasons, but I DO NOT miss Chicago Februaries... or Marches or Aprils either, for that matter.

Sounds like you guys might have to make a 'lil getaway to SoWal come February... if the weather keeps up the way it's been lately, it will probably be in the 80's by then!
 
:wub:Love them Chicago dogs!!! :wub::wub:Used to work for a company based in C, and couldn't wait to get me a C dog as soon as I got there.:biggrin:
 
That is my husband's favorite hot dog! He is an aficionado of hot dogs! We even went to a hot dog eating contest in Atlanta!

It is his dream to have a hot dog stand! Who knows if it will ever happen!
 
Hey WaterCourseWay, I grew up in Lombard also. Graduated from Willowbrook in '83. My brother followed your path into the city and I moved around the suburbs. Lived in Villa Park, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Elmhurst, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, Cary, Lake in the Hills -- I guess you could say I like to move. I've been down here for almost 3 years and have moved 3 times. The problem here is I can't sell the homes so I have to slow down a bit. After our last move our daughter suggested we just keep the empty boxes in the garage for the next move. She's 7 and has moved 6 times.

Anyway, welcome to the area!

Thanks! I grew up in the West 'burbs (Lombard) then moved to the city after college; I lived in Wrigleyville and Wicker Park for a few years each, and one year in Evanston (not really the city, but still fun and on the El.)

I'm a fairly well traveled person; I've been to New York, London, Paris, Rome, Moscow and a whole bunch of smaller cities around the globe, so I can say (with some authority and very prejudiced conviction) that Chicago is the greatest city in the world! :lol:
 
Hey WaterCourseWay, I grew up in Lombard also. Graduated from Willowbrook in '83. My brother followed your path into the city and I moved around the suburbs. Lived in Villa Park, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Elmhurst, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, Cary, Lake in the Hills -- I guess you could say I like to move. I've been down here for almost 3 years and have moved 3 times. The problem here is I can't sell the homes so I have to slow down a bit. After our last move our daughter suggested we just keep the empty boxes in the garage for the next move. She's 7 and has moved 6 times.

Anyway, welcome to the area!

Ha - I graduated from Willowbrook in '88! Small world... I know what you mean about moving so much; in between Chicago stints I lived in Salt Lake City, UT and Monterey, CA, plus I moved to Ft. Walton twice before this last, final time. That's why I decided to buy my condo when I did, I knew it would tame my wanderlust & keep me in one place for a while anyway... all that packing & unpacking wears you out. My feet have been itching to leave for the last 3 out of 4 years of ownership; I've learned that renting is probably a better choice for me!

Thanks for the welcome, hope we run into each other in the *real* world and get to share hometown stories...
 
I was watching TV at my parents' house tonight and my mother, who has no idea about this thread or forum, said to me "you know what I've been craving? A real Chicago hot dog, I'd give anything for one right now!"
Cracked me up... :lol:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top