• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Chirstmas Present - Map Help

New posts

stan

Beach Comber
Hi.

We are looking for an old map of the panhandle (specifically Walton County) or a nautical chart / map that includes Walton County to frame and give as a Christmas gift.

If we can't find a map / shipping chart, perhaps an area specific photo or aerial (preferably older) would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where we can look?

Thank you in advance

Hope all is well at the beach.
 
Hi.

We are looking for an old map of the panhandle (specifically Walton County) or a nautical chart / map that includes Walton County to frame and give as a Christmas gift.

If we can't find a map / shipping chart, perhaps an area specific photo or aerial (preferably older) would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where we can look?

Thank you in advance

Hope all is well at the beach.

Stan, I found one last year on Ebay.
 
Stan, the SoWal annex Library has old aerial photos, taken around the 1950's, before 30A was around. (might get some decent photocopies. I left one of Western Lake on top, just last week. It is pretty cool, with no bridges and 30A, no WaterColor, no Seaside, etc. I believe they are probably from the Tax Appraiser's office. They are on the last shelf behind all of the DVDs and VHSs. They are only section maps and I've not seen any of the entire County. For a full map of WalCo, I'd check in Defuniak Springs, and ask some peeps up there. That library is one of the oldest in the state of FL.
 
I have the old Tom Collins map done about 1900 of what is now South Walton County, and a set of 3 done in 1939, and reprinted in 1947 of South Walton. I also have a highway map from the 50's. They've been scanned and I have them on disc in pdf form. The Tom Collins map is 2 sided and the back shows through because the paper is thin, so it needs to be redone. I can sell reprints of them, pm if interested.
 
Awesome site - http://historicals.ncd.noaa.gov/historicals/histmap.asp - This collection contains over 21,000 Maps and Charts ranging from the year 1655 to 2001.

For current navigational products and information on ordering paper nautical charts, go to: nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/nsd/states.html

Kurt, what key words and what type of map did you specify to come with anything? I tried all kinds of variations, from "Panhandle between Pensacola and Panama City" to "Western Lake Grayton Beach" and everything in between and came up with no matches. Help!!
 
Kurt, what key words and what type of map did you specify to come with anything? I tried all kinds of variations, from "Panhandle between Pensacola and Panama City" to "Western Lake Grayton Beach" and everything in between and came up with no matches. Help!!

Select state: Florida and type:nautical and it will list all.
 
Select state: Florida and type:nautical and it will list all.

Thanks! Our list came up 4th from the bottom. Actually the whole list was pretty interesting. I never knew there was a "straights of Florida" and I wonder was Coffin a person or ???
 
Here's one of the Point Washington area, 1939 edition, reprinted in 1947. There are 3 in the set, and I have them in pdf form.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top