• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Christmas cards 2007

New posts
Sorry to say, I did not get cards out this year. I even bought them, addressed some and then that was it....I think I actually sent 5. Mr IBD was not happy about this but I told him it was OK b/c other sowallers did not either...:floor::floor:

So I too, will be sending out another holiday card....:cool:
 
Outstanding Nohall!

I received an e-mail "Holiday Newsletter" this year. I had no idea one family could have so many illnesses, surgeries, accidents, deaths, sad stories, hard luck, no luck, etc. Every paragraph began "So and so is great- now! You probably didn't know, but she had blah blah blah". This went on for an entire page and covered 9 family members. I didn't know any of them and barely know the sender.

I was so depressed after I read it! And if I had written it, I would have been really down in the dumps, to see how bad my year had gone, visible on one page.:blink: It did make me feel blessed!

Is there a happy medium with these holiday news letters?

I am not a fan of the letters either....I really do not enjoy the self-inflating ones...talking about personal successes and I agree who wants to hear about everyones illness..
 
here's one from sowalgb::wave:

Dear friends:

Thought you'd like to hear the latest from our family. Well, here goes.

We've all been flossing regularly.

The newspaper landed in the bushes twice, but we got it out, thank goodness dad has those long arms.

They put a new gas station on the corner. It's the self-serve kind so there's been a lot of talk around town about it.

The other night we took the whole family to the pancake house for dinner. We all had pancakes except for mom. She had a waffle. She's a free spirt, you know.

We're saving up to buy a goldfish and can hardly wait. Pets are very exciting. And if not, you can flush them down the toliet.

Our kid finished his milk today. No one noticed we're using margarine instead of butter.

It's pretty cloudy here. Sometimes we watch tv. Other times we don't.

We may go shopping this weekend at the mall. There are forty-one stores there. So far we've been to twenty-eight. Thirteen to go. Unless they build more. They probably will. They always do.

That's about it for the big news.

It's been some heck of a year. How about you?

Love and all
 
i always wanted to send out a letter on super fancy embossed glittery heavyweight expensive paper that said

This is what went on at the _________'s this year:

Same $hit, Different Year
 
Sorry to say, I did not get cards out this year. I even bought them, addressed some and then that was it....I think I actually sent 5. Mr IBD was not happy about this but I told him it was OK b/c other sowallers did not either...:floor::floor:

So I too, will be sending out another holiday card....:cool:
Oh, IBD, you've made me feel so much better! :clap:
 
here's one from sowalgb::wave:

Dear friends:

Thought you'd like to hear the latest from our family. Well, here goes.

We've all been flossing regularly.

The newspaper landed in the bushes twice, but we got it out, thank goodness dad has those long arms.

They put a new gas station on the corner. It's the self-serve kind so there's been a lot of talk around town about it.

The other night we took the whole family to the pancake house for dinner. We all had pancakes except for mom. She had a waffle. She's a free spirt, you know.

We're saving up to buy a goldfish and can hardly wait. Pets are very exciting. And if not, you can flush them down the toliet.

Our kid finished his milk today. No one noticed we're using margarine instead of butter.

It's pretty cloudy here. Sometimes we watch tv. Other times we don't.

We may go shopping this weekend at the mall. There are forty-one stores there. So far we've been to twenty-eight. Thirteen to go. Unless they build more. They probably will. They always do.

That's about it for the big news.

It's been some heck of a year. How about you?

Love and all

i always wanted to send out a letter on super fancy embossed glittery heavyweight expensive paper that said

This is what went on at the _________'s this year:

Same $hit, Different Year


:floor:
 
I would rather not get a card at all than get some impersonal card w/ just a signature (drives me nuts when they can't even SIGN them and have the computer do it) or worse, some generic letter folded up inside that reeks of them trying to desperately "spin" their life.

IMO the whole idea behind sending cards is to reconnect w/ family and friends you don't see often and brighten their holiday. Part of the reason it takes me so long to do xmas cards is because I have to handwrite a message inside each one. :wub:

My great aunt cares much more that she got a handwritten card than whether it's the same card I sent last year or if it arrives closer to January than December 24th.
 
millychristmas0001hh5.jpg

Miss Milly
 
millychristmas0001hh5.jpg

Miss Milly

that was just about the best card I got this year! :wub:

that and the one i got of three beautiful children on the beach....you know who you are! :wave:

I love getting the cards with the family picture on them.....just to see how everyone changes from year to year. I always save those pics.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top