• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cincinnati Chili

New posts
Thanks so much for this thread! I've only had Skyline Chili twice but live with a fanatic. On drives to Columbus, he plans the route so we pass through Cincinnati at dinner time. This will be a real treat for him - I can't wait to try it. Thanks again!

If you love Skyline chili as much as my wife and I do, you just have to go to your nearest Publix store and look in the freezer. Just pop it in the microwave to heat. Make the pasta, chop the onions, heat the beans, and add the shredded cheddar cheese. Add a side of oyster crackers and WOW. You can also add a little hot sauce if you so desire. Best of all it is the real Skyline Chili!!! Imported from Cincinnati. (We used to get it at a franchise in Ft. Lauderdale)! We were shocked when we saw it in the freezer section at Publix. We keep it stocked in our freezer for those manic moments when nothing else will do!! You ALL KNOW what Im talkin' about.
:clap:Dennis Wise
 
Cincinnati Chili Dip
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
2 cups chili - thick!
1 16 oz pkg grated cheddar cheese

Soften cream cheese, and spread in bottom of microwaveable dish. Add hot chili and heat on high about 1 minute. Sprinkle cheese on top and heat again until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.



YUM
 
It is easier to get into Ft. Knox then to bring their menu up on line....:blink: :idontno:

It isn't very user friendly I just tried myself...sorry.

It has capacolla, pepperoni,salami and provolone baked on a hoagie bun with pizza sauce pickles and onions.

I have never had one...I usually order a steak hoagie...which is good.

We have a lot of good things to eat here....I will probably lose weight when we move.:idontno:
 
It isn't very user friendly I just tried myself...sorry.

It has capacolla, pepperoni,salami and provolone baked on a hoagie bun with pizza sauce pickles and onions.

I have never had one...I usually order a steak hoagie...which is good.

We have a lot of good things to eat here....I will probably lose weight when we move.:idontno:
Sounds yum!!! THANKS JUL...:wave:
 
Cincinnati Chili Dip
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
2 cups chili - thick!
1 16 oz pkg grated cheddar cheese

Soften cream cheese, and spread in bottom of microwaveable dish. Add hot chili and heat on high about 1 minute. Sprinkle cheese on top and heat again until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.

this sounds so wonderful. must try. btw, did you sneak in the back door without introducing yourself?

love all your food posts thur far... :welcome:yummy. with a name like that, you oughtta fit right in.


If you love Skyline chili as much as my wife and I do, you just have to go to your nearest Publix store and look in the freezer. Just pop it in the microwave to heat. Make the pasta, chop the onions, heat the beans, and add the shredded cheddar cheese. Add a side of oyster crackers and WOW. You can also add a little hot sauce if you so desire. Best of all it is the real Skyline Chili!!! Imported from Cincinnati. (We used to get it at a franchise in Ft. Lauderdale)! We were shocked when we saw it in the freezer section at Publix. We keep it stocked in our freezer for those manic moments when nothing else will do!! You ALL KNOW what Im talkin' about.
:clap:Dennis Wise

thanks for the tip chief!

I'll look for this...




also, doc svelte - your recipe looks really really really interesting. I think I gotta give it a try. thanks.
 
I am a Cincinnati area (actually Northern Kentucky) transplant and you just need to go to the Publix Frozen food section to buy Skyline Chile. Then go to the cheese section and get the finely shredded cheddar cheese. Oh, and do not forget the oyster crackers. This is a 3way and you must use your fork to chop each individual bite. No twirling allowed.

P.S A cincinnati sandwich would be either a brat, Mett, or knockwurst!
 
It really sounds good (except for the allspice, I am not a fan, so to make it authentic, I would probably use a mere pinch) It also sounds Mexican with the addition of chocolate & cinnamon...:D
I'll bet my sorority girls would love it!
Is there a sandwich that is authentic to Cincinnati?
I do "A Taste Of" every once in a while and I would love to do a taste of Cincinnati! (I do native lunch & dinners for the girls)
If you want Cinci sammys here is your link: http://www.frischs.com/menu/default.htm
 
I am a Cincinnati area (actually Northern Kentucky) transplant and you just need to go to the Publix Frozen food section to buy Skyline Chile. Then go to the cheese section and get the finely shredded cheddar cheese. Oh, and do not forget the oyster crackers. This is a 3way and you must use your fork to chop each individual bite. No twirling allowed.

P.S A cincinnati sandwich would be either a brat, Mett, or knockwurst!

:eek:oh my gawd, not sure I could not twirl. worth a try though.:wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top