• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Cindy Meadows not running

New posts
One thing I think WE ALL agree on is this:
Sara Comander is a breath of fresh air in Walton County.

Regarding Meadows, I'm not sure I can ever excuse her absence from the all too important Redfish Village vote last year. Her excuse was family illness. Maybe so.

But at a minimum, she should have requested that the vote be postponed if she knew she could not make it since this VERY IMPORTANT issue took place in her district. I think she caved in but did not want to go on record. That way, she makes no "real" enemies on either side.

Sara Comander was the only one with the courage and fortitude to stand up to the "FAB 3".


Finance Link:
http://www.voterfocus.com/ws/WScand/candidate_pr.php?c=walton&el=3


I think this is a bit unfair to Cindy Meadows. If she said there was a family illness, I believe her. She is a person of integrity. And, who knows? she might have asked for the vote to be rescheduled; if so, it would not be the only time she was overruled by the other members of the Board ! JMHO
 
I think this is a bit unfair to Cindy Meadows. If she said there was a family illness, I believe her. She is a person of integrity. And, who knows? she might have asked for the vote to be rescheduled; if so, it would not be the only time she was overruled by the other members of the Board ! JMHO
What's unfair is that "we", those people in her district, were not represented - period. Great effort and expense were spent by the neighborhood to try and make the county follow its own rules ----- all in vain because of the "Fab 3".

In today's era of immediate communication, there was no excuse at all for her to not have at least asked for a delay on this issue so that she could, at least, go on record with her vote.

Is that asking too much?

I do believe there's much more to this particular story as a $100 million+ development was literally at stake.
 
Last edited:
What's unfair is that "we", those people in her district, were not represented - period. Great effort and expense were spent by the neighborhood to try and make the county follow its own rules ----- all in vain because of the "Fab 3".

In today's era of immediate communication, there was no excuse at all for her to not have at least asked for a delay on this issue so that she could, at least, go on record with her vote.

Is that asking too much?

I do believe there's much more to this particular story as a $100 million+ development was literally at stake.

Who are the "Fab 3" ?
 
Cindy's brother had open heart surgery in Tallahassee at that time.

Dear Bob,

I sincerely appreciate your response above. And it sounds like you should know exactly what happened to her that day per your stated relationship with her.

However, there's one minor problem here...

It simply doesn't agree with what Cindy Meadows said was the reason in an email from her:

I am truly sorry that my 80 year old mother passed out and was rushed to Bay Medical in Panama City. I had to be present to make sure she didn't pass away without me by her side.

I guess Cindy really did have her reasonS. Consistency is a virtue that everyone should strive for.
 
Dear Bob,

I sincerely appreciate your response above. And it sounds like you should know exactly what happened to her that day per your stated relationship with her.

However, there's one minor problem here...

It simply doesn't agree with what Cindy Meadows said was the reason in an email from her:

I am truly sorry that my 80 year old mother passed out and was rushed to Bay Medical in Panama City. I had to be present to make sure she didn't pass away without me by her side.

I guess Cindy really did have her reasonS. Consistency is a virtue that everyone should strive for.

Wow- I see you are showing just as much class on this thread as you are showing on the thread about Doodle Harris's death.
 
Dear Bob,

I sincerely appreciate your response above. And it sounds like you should know exactly what happened to her that day per your stated relationship with her.

However, there's one minor problem here...

It simply doesn't agree with what Cindy Meadows said was the reason in an email from her:

I am truly sorry that my 80 year old mother passed out and was rushed to Bay Medical in Panama City. I had to be present to make sure she didn't pass away without me by her side.

I guess Cindy really did have her reasonS. Consistency is a virtue that everyone should strive for.

BMBV, I wouldn't expect Bob, or anyone else for that matter, with the possible exception of Ms Meadows, to recall where someone was exactly on any given particular date, especially when one has a full agenda. You obviously have a bone to pick, but it is irrelevant to this thread.
 
Didn't Bob Hudson run off the jazz festival?? If he is part of the taxpayer's association, in these hard economic times why wouldn't you want to keep the REVENUE from the festival in Walton County. I understand about the noise ordinance but one time at that location in a year and he wants to complain?
 
BMBV, I wouldn't expect Bob, or anyone else for that matter, with the possible exception of Ms Meadows, to recall where someone was exactly on any given particular date, especially when one has a full agenda. You obviously have a bone to pick, but it is irrelevant to this thread.
I agree with your response except for the relevancy part so why did Bob volunteer such info?
 
Last edited:
Trust me, I am a member of a family that has cared about and served the people of Walton County for over 4 generations. We were raised to believe that it was a responsibility to hold public office. It concerns me that there are those who present themselves as something they are not and even more so that there are some very short-sighted voters who fail to understand the totality of a decision's implications. Probably the most important point I heard from any politician recently was when Bob Graham, Florida's senator and former governor, stated that after years of pushing for
science and math improvements in the educational system the time has come to once again emphasize history and government for the citizens. From reading SoWal I can assess who is being put forward by the "good old boys"( this is not always a status attained by longevity in the area).
 
Great. Slow economy and Bob wants to run off a major local event that was founded here which brings in thousands of visitors into the area. Plus untold $$$ tax dollars and business revenue.
Yeah, that makes ALOT of sense.

The Carters who own the radio station that put it on have been here a heck of a lot longer than Bob. They have also done a heck of a lot more for the community than Bob will ever do.

I would guess you are retired, right Bob? So money, tax revenue and business revenue to support the local community and infrastructure is not really important to you.

Yes, helping running off the Jazz Festival is one of the dumbest things you could have done right now Bob, in my opinion. Congrats on your success.

Just what we need in a County Commissioner............ maybe Bob should run for US Congress instead.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top